The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faisal101
Are you eligible for contextual offers?

I'm in the same boat, 2760 but also meet contextual- is it too risky to apply?
Original post by saraj937
I'm in the same boat, 2760 but also meet contextual- is it too risky to apply?

The contextual cutoff last year was 2570 or something. The year before was 2620
Hey I got A* Computer Science, A Chemistry, A Biology, A* EPQ and 2890 band 2 UCAT. Gap year student too. GCSEs are mostly 8s and 9s with a few 7s. Am I pretty much guaranteed an interview?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dillank.03
Hey I got A* Computer Science, A Chemistry, A Biology, A* EPQ and 2890 band 2 UCAT. Gap year student too. GCSEs are mostly 8s and 9s with a few 7s. Am I pretty much guaranteed an interview?

As far as I know the only place guaranteeing interviews is Leicester if you are in your first gap year and meet their other criteria which you would appear to, but do check.

as far as Southampton, who knows, but as long as you meet the entry requirements then I would be comfortable applying with that score as a home applicant.
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone know what the group task is like and what sorts of things could come up?
What is the style of interview this year?
Original post by Spectrz
What is the style of interview this year?

panel plus group task
Original post by Pedro Caballero
Hi, Im a gap year student who achieved AAB in my A levels. What are my chances at an interview at Leicester? My UCAT is 2810 B3, and my GCSEs are 999998886.

Have answered you in the Leicester thread.
what ucat score is everyone applying with? and what do u think the cut off will be this year?
im applying with 2760. Hoping that's enough. Im a WP student tho
Original post by mia.gmia
what ucat score is everyone applying with? and what do u think the cut off will be this year?
Original post by saraj937
im applying with 2760. Hoping that's enough. Im a WP student tho

Last year the wp cutoff was in the 2500s the year before ir was 2620
Reply 91
Original post by mia.gmia

it shouldn't go above 2800 I reckon x
Original post by fawsa
it shouldn't go above 2800 I reckon x

Dd has 2880 so we hope she gets an interview.
I have 2730 B2 is it too risky
Original post by lacasera1
I have 2730 B2 is it too risky

Are you contextual
No

Original post by Faisal101
Are you contextual
Original post by lacasera1
No

In that case I would say definitely risky but not entirely out of the realms of possibility (cutoff last year being 2750). Basically you’d be likely to not quite make the cutoff this year but depending on the scores of those who apply you have a small chance of getting lucky. Final choice is up to you of course!
Does anyone know what type of activity the group task is? I know we won't know exactly what but what does it mean by group task? Like a discussion? Anyone know any details on it
Original post by maple26
Does anyone know what type of activity the group task is? I know we won't know exactly what but what does it mean by group task? Like a discussion? Anyone know any details on it

From what I remember from an open day last year, you get given the topic that is going to be discussed about 5 or 10 mins before, and then you all sit in a circle and discuss the topic together after that time
Original post by Infinxty09
From what I remember from an open day last year, you get given the topic that is going to be discussed about 5 or 10 mins before, and then you all sit in a circle and discuss the topic together after that time

Ohhh I see, that scary!! I think I would be super nervous . Are the interviewers in the room, sitting with everyone orr?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending