The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Polden Accomodation

Hi, I've firmed Bath and have just done my accommodation list. I've put Polden (not Polden Court) as my first choice of accommodation, however after doing a bit more research, I haven't seen that many discussions about Polden since it is so new. I have just read a couple of posts saying that Polden isn't very sociable, or is full of foreign students. I'm quite a social person and would love to be in a flat with lots of people, but still have a nice room and kitchen etc.

I'm starting to get a little concerned now that if I get put into a flat with a bunch of foreign students I may get left out of socializing and struggle to make friends with them, especially if they are not speaking English all the time.

Please could anyone with any experience of Polden give me some advice on the social life at Polden?

If I get Polden, and I end up not enjoying it, is it easy to switch accommodations?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I've firmed Bath and have just done my accommodation list. I've put Polden (not Polden Court) as my first choice of accommodation, however after doing a bit more research, I haven't seen that many discussions about Polden since it is so new. I have just read a couple of posts saying that Polden isn't very sociable, or is full of foreign students. I'm quite a social person and would love to be in a flat with lots of people, but still have a nice room and kitchen etc.

I'm starting to get a little concerned now that if I get put into a flat with a bunch of foreign students I may get left out of socializing and struggle to make friends with them, especially if they are not speaking English all the time.

Please could anyone with any experience of Polden give me some advice on the social life at Polden?

If I get Polden, and I end up not enjoying it, is it easy to switch accommodations?

Hi, I put Polden as well and I’m not a foreign student and I was wondering whether this could have been a mistake because of similar reasons I.e getting left out. I’m quite sociable person as well so I wonder if there is other applicants in the same scenario
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest