The Student Room Group

2023 Engineering applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone gotten a response for mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering with a foundation year from manchester yet
Reply 61
Original post by molak20
What discipline(s)/areas of engineering are you applying for: EEE
What universities are you thinking of: Warwick, Southampton, Bath, Birmingham, Loughborough
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AB + Epq (Spanish, Physics, Maths - working on it)
GCSE grades: 98887776665
Extra curriculars: mainly just arduino tbh

What offer you got
What do you guys think is better for engineering, Sheffield, Bath, Southampton, atm Bath and Southampton are Chemical with Sheffield as Aero, but Sheffield and Southampton said I can swap to anything once Im there, I honestly have no idea which to pick, any advice is appreciated.
Original post by Singam21
What do you guys think is better for engineering, Sheffield, Bath, Southampton, atm Bath and Southampton are Chemical with Sheffield as Aero, but Sheffield and Southampton said I can swap to anything once Im there, I honestly have no idea which to pick, any advice is appreciated.
They are all well respected and broadly similar reputations and opportunities.

I would focus more on where in the country you want to live. And most importantly what is of more interest to you aero or chemical engineering as these have different career opportunities. Perhaps a mechanical degree would potentially be worth looking into if you are interested in keeping broader range of industries yet want to work on kinetic (solid or fluid) systems .

Quick Reply

Latest