Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Official University of Chester 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Chester
Hi there! :smile:

Are you applying as a Home student? Could you please DM us on here with your details so we can look into this for you? :smile:

Hopefully we can help!

Best wishes,
Grace

Hi Grace, I'm applying as an international student. I will DM you as soon as TSR allows me to send you a message! Thank you :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Has anyone heard back yet?
Daughter heard back same day she applied (she applied in November). It really does depends on the department and course.
Original post by Ghostlady
Daughter heard back same day she applied (she applied in November). It really does depends on the department and course.

I applied for Accounting and finance which is why I think it’s taking so long. I understand that that course can be competitive I guess
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for Accounting and finance which is why I think it’s taking so long. I understand that that course can be competitive I guess

Daughter is animal behaviour, when did you apply? Did you apply through UCAS?

Hello,

We'd recommend contacting our admissions team as they can give you an update on your application. Please contact our UK office if you have applied as a home student - [email protected], or our our International office if you have applied as an international student - [email protected].

It's helpful to include as much information as possible, such as name, date of birth, course you have applied for, the email address you used for your application, UCAS personal code, etc.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Becky
Hi whose the best people to email when these an issue with accommodation application?
Daughter applied and she got past the PASS portal part, but when it comes to creating an account to apply for accommodation, the student number she was given comes up wth with either 'inactive account' when she tries to register, or if she clicks forget password, and puts in the details it says the account does not exist.
Shes emailed the accommodation office, but I dont know if they can help, it maybe IT dept?
Hi whose the best people to email when these an issue with accommodation application?
Daughter applied and she got past the PASS portal part, but when it comes to creating an account to apply for accommodation, the student number she was given comes up wth with either 'inactive account' when she tries to register, or if she clicks forget password, and puts in the details it says the account does not exist.
Shes emailed the accommodation office, but I dont know if they can help, it maybe IT dept?

Hi @Ghostlady

Sorry to hear that your daughter is having an issue accessing the application portal! We are aware that there are some issues affecting a small number of applicants. We’d recommend trying a different browser / device in the first instance. The accommodation team is working to resolve the issues. Please be patient with the team while they deal with a large number of enquiries. They are the correct team to contact and will reply as soon as possible.

In the meantime, here is some steps/information which may be helpful:
When you are ready to apply, log into PASS, our Pre-Arrival Student Site, to complete your online application. Your username/student ID is your student code (this is a 7-digit number which normally starts with your first year of study 23XXXXX, it can be found in the email/letter about accommodation, and is different to your UCAS ID), your password is your date of birth in the format: CheYYYYMMDD (so if your date of birth is 2nd March 2001, you’d type Che20010302, making sure the first letter is a capital C). Once logged into PASS head to the accommodation section. To register, you will need your 7-digit Student ID number, Surname and DOB. You will then be prompted to create a password. Once registered, you can log into the accommodation application portal using your Student ID and newly created password.

Please don’t worry, we don’t operate on a first come first served basis so your application will not be impacted in any way whilst we resolve the issues and you have until 18th June to apply.

Best wishes,
Becky
Hi @Ghostlady

Sorry to hear that your daughter is having an issue accessing the application portal! We are aware that there are some issues affecting a small number of applicants. We’d recommend trying a different browser / device in the first instance. The accommodation team is working to resolve the issues. Please be patient with the team while they deal with a large number of enquiries. They are the correct team to contact and will reply as soon as possible.

When you are ready to apply, log into PASS, our Pre-Arrival Student Site, to complete your online application. Your username/student ID is your student code (this is a 7-digit number which normally starts with your first year of study 23XXXXX, it can be found in the email/letter about accommodation, and is different to your UCAS ID), your password is your date of birth in the format: CheYYYYMMDD (so if your date of birth is 2nd March 2001, you’d type Che20010302, making sure the first letter is a capital C). Once logged into PASS head to the accommodation section. To register, you will need your 7-digit Student ID number, Surname and DOB. You will then be prompted to create a password. Once registered, you can log into the accommodation application portal using your Student ID and newly created password.

Please don’t worry, we don’t operate on a first come first served basis so your application will not be impacted in any way whilst we resolve the issues and you have until 18th June to apply.

Best wishes,
Becky

Hi many thanks for coming back to us . The steps/information thats where its not working unfortunately. She can get into PASS no problem, its the next bit creating account for accommodation application where it says student account is inactive. hopefully they will sort it out in the coming days :smile:
Hi @Ghostlady

Best wishes,
Becky

Hi Becky its changed and coming up as the accommodation account exists now lol, but she cant log in as its saying she needs to ''confirm the email'' (and she never got one), so now shes stuck again. The department never replied back the first time either. Shes sent the accommodation dept with another email, complete with screen shots, hopefully we will get somewhere with this, but so far this system is very problematic having two lots of log in systems.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 30
university-of-chester-10007848-universities-reviews-rank-study-uk.jpg
Hi Everyone
To start this off:

What course are you applying for?:
What subjects are you currently studying?:
Predicted A level grades:
GCSE grades:
What other universities are you applying to?:
Why Chester?:
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:

Hi! I've got a BBC offer for Creative Writing and History. Is anyone else looking at this course or just wants to get to know people before starting?
Original post by hls.x
Hi! I've got a BBC offer for Creative Writing and History. Is anyone else looking at this course or just wants to get to know people before starting?

If I may ask, how long did it take you to get your offer?
Reply 32
If I may ask, how long did it take you to get your offer?

I got my offer from Chester back in January but I only got some of my others a few days ago.
Has anyone else got an offer for Business with Psychology?
Hi Becky its changed and coming up as the accommodation account exists now lol, but she cant log in as its saying she needs to ''confirm the email'' (and she never got one), so now shes stuck again. The department never replied back the first time either. Shes sent the accommodation dept with another email, complete with screen shots, hopefully we will get somewhere with this, but so far this system is very problematic having two lots of log in systems.

Update, got there in the end. We left it for 5 days in the hope someone would sort it and looks like they did. Accommodation never messaged back though to say it got sorted, so wonder if they just passed the message onto IT or something. All 8 choices got picked and is submitted now.
Original post by AtropaBelladonna
I applied via UCAS on the 24th of January. I heard back/got confirmation emails from all my other choices, but the UoC is the only one I haven't heard back from yet. I assume that isn't normal? 😅

Have you heard back yet?
Original post by isahko
Hi! I’m in the exact same boat: sent my application on the 24th of January and never received a confirmation email. I emailed both the international team and the admissions team but haven’t heard back yet.

what about you? Have you heard back yet?
Have you heard back yet?

They sent me an email on the 24th of Febuary for my highschool transcript, which I sent them the same day and got an email stating they will process my application shortly... since then, nothing 🤷*♀️ I will wait another week or two before sending them a follow up email (Chester is also the last university I'm waiting for). You haven't heard back yet? Have you already sent them an email?
Original post by AtropaBelladonna
They sent me an email on the 24th of Febuary for my highschool transcript, which I sent them the same day and got an email stating they will process my application shortly... since then, nothing 🤷*♀️ I will wait another week or two before sending them a follow up email (Chester is also the last university I'm waiting for). You haven't heard back yet? Have you already sent them an email?

I haven’t 😩I don’t want to pester them and affect my application (sounds silly I know😂) but I think it’s due time. The wait is soo long. Or do you think we’re just being impatient? What did you apply for?
I haven’t 😩I don’t want to pester them and affect my application (sounds silly I know😂) but I think it’s due time. The wait is soo long. Or do you think we’re just being impatient? What did you apply for?

Yeah, I know what you mean, I feel the same way about sending a follow up email.. I applied for Zoology (which is probably not as competetive as Accounting). I would send them an email if I were you, just to be sure your application didn't get lost somewhere, it has been an extraordinarily long wait already. They should understand that you need to know in order for you to make a decision. You could just nicely ask for an update. Did you apply anywhere else? Have they already got back to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending