The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Official University of Chester 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AtropaBelladonna
Yeah, I know what you mean, I feel the same way about sending a follow up email.. I applied for Zoology (which is probably not as competetive as Accounting). I would send them an email if I were you, just to be sure your application didn't get lost somewhere, it has been an extraordinarily long wait already. They should understand that you need to know in order for you to make a decision. You could just nicely ask for an update. Did you apply anywhere else? Have they already got back to you?

They did provide me with an update about a month ago saying it was being processed which is why I don’t want to push my luck. Like you said, if zoology isn’t as competitive then you definitely should have heard by now right? Have you considered asking for the update? Chester is really my firm choice, I’ve literally planned so much which is why this wait feels like yearssss. Do you think they’re waiting for a specific day to send out the offers?
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by AtropaBelladonna
Yeah, I know what you mean, I feel the same way about sending a follow up email.. I applied for Zoology (which is probably not as competetive as Accounting). I would send them an email if I were you, just to be sure your application didn't get lost somewhere, it has been an extraordinarily long wait already. They should understand that you need to know in order for you to make a decision. You could just nicely ask for an update. Did you apply anywhere else? Have they already got back to you?

Have you heard back? Or have you reached out to them?
Original post by Anonymous
Have you heard back? Or have you reached out to them?

Hey :smile: I withdrew my application on Saturday, as it had been a month from the last email and I want to apply for accommodation as early as possible. However, I hope you hear back from them soon and have my fingers crossed they accept you! Good luck to you :smile:
Does University of Chester consider a medical degree to be equivalent to a bachelors degree? Does Medical degree applicant require to show GPA if for example wants to apply for Masters in Stem Cell & regenerative Medicine or Diabetes? From where I have graduated it’s a masters degree and they do not really calculate GPA.
Original post by Anonymous
Does University of Chester consider a medical degree to be equivalent to a bachelors degree? Does Medical degree applicant require to show GPA if for example wants to apply for Masters in Stem Cell & regenerative Medicine or Diabetes? From where I have graduated it’s a masters degree and they do not really calculate GPA.

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interesting in studying a postgraduate course through Chester Medical School. Each course page lists the individual entry requirements for each course:
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/stem-cells-and-regenerative-medicine
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/diabetes

If you have any further questions just let us know!

Many thanks
Becky
Original post by University of Chester
Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interesting in studying a postgraduate course through Chester Medical School. Each course page lists the individual entry requirements for each course:
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/stem-cells-and-regenerative-medicine
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/diabetes

If you have any further questions just let us know!

Many thanks
Becky

For those who still haven’t heard back, will we really hear by the 18th? And does it apply to direct applications too?
Reply 46
@University of Chester
Does the 18th May deadline to hear back apply?
Original post by Mmdee
@University of Chester
Does the 18th May deadline to hear back apply?

Hi @Mmdee

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Could you provide us with some more information?

Thanks
Becky
Hi @Mmdee

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Could you provide us with some more information?

Thanks
Becky

I saw somewhere that Uk universities have till 18th May to reply based on ucas. Does this apply to university of Chester too? Cause I also have not heard back.
Reply 49
@University of Chester
Will university of Chester follow the ucas deadline of 18th may to send offers?
Original post by Mmdee
@University of Chester
Will university of Chester follow the ucas deadline of 18th may to send offers?

Hi @Mmdee

Yes, regardless if you have applied as a home or international student through UCAS, the deadline is 18th May (today)

Best wishes,
Becky
Reply 51
Hi @Mmdee

Yes, regardless if you have applied as a home or international student through UCAS, the deadline is 18th May (today)

Best wishes,
Becky

Hi Becky! What if you applied directly but have been waiting the same amount of time ? Do you recommend reaching out or?
Original post by Mmdee
Hi Becky! What if you applied directly but have been waiting the same amount of time ? Do you recommend reaching out or?

Hi @Mmdee

Yes, if you have applied as a home student please contact our UK admissions team - [email protected], or, if you applied as an international student please contact the international team - [email protected].

Best wishes,
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending