The Student Room Group

Gcse english lang and lit edexcel revision help

How do you revise english edexcel?
Is there anybody i could get to mark my work without hiring a tutor as I can't afford that- I can pay a little of theres good feedback, idk?

I got my mock results back today and I got a 5 in both English literature and language which I'm super dissopointed about since it could impact my entrance to the sixth form I want to go to (I need all 8 grade 8s- which I have other then english) I need a 6 in english language for economics- I'm currently working at a 6 overall. I just need at least a 7 to secure my place.
Hey!
I did English Language and English Literature for my Edexcel iGCSEs. Here's one tip that really helped me in scoring 9s for both subjects.
I assume that by this point, you already have your seen texts and poetry all annotated and fully analyzed (this is how we had it for my iGCSEs).
When studying and revising, make sure to take past paper questions and referring to the marking scheme's indicative content, write down your answers. Answer as many questions as possible like this. This will help you memorise not only any quotes you need to memorise if at all. But it will also help you to learn what kind of answers are expected by the examiners and practice writing answers just like that.
If you have an unseen component also, I recommend practicing answering more and more questions for unseen texts in the past papers as well. Doing this over the long term will give you a good improvement on your grades.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help you with anything else too!

(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by CollegeAdvs_TR
Hey!
I did English Language and English Literature for my Edexcel iGCSEs. Here's one tip that really helped me in scoring 9s for both subjects.
I assume that by this point, you already have your seen texts and poetry all annotated and fully analyzed (this is how we had it for my iGCSEs).
When studying and revising, make sure to take past paper questions and referring to the marking scheme's indicative content, write down your answers. Answer as many questions as possible like this. This will help you memorise not only any quotes you need to memorise if at all. But it will also help you to learn what kind of answers are expected by the examiners and practice writing answers just like that.
If you have an unseen component also, I recommend practicing answering more and more questions for unseen texts in the past papers as well. Doing this over the long term will give you a good improvement on your grades.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can help you with anything else too!

Thank you this was so helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest