The Student Room Group

PWC Flying Start Accountancy Degree 2023

Scroll to see replies

Applied for a graduate scheme so I assume it's different but does anyone have any insight into how the assessment centre was for them?
I am a current first year student at Nottingham flying start accountancy course and have secured a placement in the london office, if anyone is interested in asking me any questions or gaining new information feel feel to ask questions here or dm me!
Original post by syedhasan113
I am a current first year student at Nottingham flying start accountancy course and have secured a placement in the london office, if anyone is interested in asking me any questions or gaining new information feel feel to ask questions here or dm me!

Hi, I have just received an offer for the Nottingham flying start accountancy course and was hoping you could answer a few questions?

- Are there a lot of people also doing the same course in your class?
- Where do you recommend accommodation? (because I've heard it is better to be located nearer to uni park than jubilee)
- Should I choose catered or self catered?
- Did you do accountancy at A level? If not how have you find understanding the course? Is it difficult to get to grips with?
- Do you choose where to complete the work placements or are they assigned?

General questions about the uni like, nightlife, teachers/ support, other students.

Much Appreciated
Original post by shiridoctors
i just got in!! nottingham accounting:smile: good luck to everyone still waiting

Hi, I also got in at nottingham accounting, can i ask what grades they wanted from your offer on UCAS?
Original post by bkhaliq
Hi everyone, I'm applying for this course as well.

It would be great if we all created a group where we could discuss application and interview stuff on snapchat or whatsapp or instagram, I don't mind.

Because then we could help each other get in.

Reply if anyone's interested 👍

hey, is the groupchat still active? i would like to join cause i got an offer holder event coming up
Give me your social media on pm I’ll explain all these questions there if you don’t mind
Original post by croonky
Hi, I have just received an offer for the Nottingham flying start accountancy course and was hoping you could answer a few questions?

- Are there a lot of people also doing the same course in your class?
- Where do you recommend accommodation? (because I've heard it is better to be located nearer to uni park than jubilee)
- Should I choose catered or self catered?
- Did you do accountancy at A level? If not how have you find understanding the course? Is it difficult to get to grips with?
- Do you choose where to complete the work placements or are they assigned?

General questions about the uni like, nightlife, teachers/ support, other students.

Much Appreciated
aaa :smile:

Original post by croonky
Hi, I also got in at nottingham accounting, can i ask what grades they wanted from your offer on UCAS?
NEED ADVICE: I have been given offers from 3 of the big 4 and I'm unsure of which one to choose so would appreciate some advice, all the courses are level 7 and I achieve ICAEW Chartered Accountant title upon completion.

PWC: Flying start degree for accounting - 4 years (3 paid placements for one term each).
EY: FSO Assurance Apprenticeship - 4.5 Years.
KPMG: - Audit Apprenticeship - 5 Years.
Main difference is that EY and KPMG are full time jobs whereas PWC is mainly uni with placement (I get to join full time after I complete the course). Also means I'll be in debt if I choose PWC due to uni + accom fees.
What I'm looking for: Being able to progress to a higher position at relatively quick pace + high salary (somewhere around 80k in a few years after completing the course - let me know how realistic this is because I haven't done a lot of research on it)
Decent work-life balance although not too concerned about that.
Also I'd probably prefer to work with high profile clients compared to smaller businesses but idm.
Reply 188
Original post by Sxndhu
NEED ADVICE: I have been given offers from 3 of the big 4 and I'm unsure of which one to choose so would appreciate some advice, all the courses are level 7 and I achieve ICAEW Chartered Accountant title upon completion.

PWC: Flying start degree for accounting - 4 years (3 paid placements for one term each).
EY: FSO Assurance Apprenticeship - 4.5 Years.
KPMG: - Audit Apprenticeship - 5 Years.
Main difference is that EY and KPMG are full time jobs whereas PWC is mainly uni with placement (I get to join full time after I complete the course). Also means I'll be in debt if I choose PWC due to uni + accom fees.
What I'm looking for: Being able to progress to a higher position at relatively quick pace + high salary (somewhere around 80k in a few years after completing the course - let me know how realistic this is because I haven't done a lot of research on it)
Decent work-life balance although not too concerned about that.
Also I'd probably prefer to work with high profile clients compared to smaller businesses but idm.

heyyy when applying through ucas for pwc did you mention the company in your personal statement or keep it general to your subject??
Reply 189
Original post by junx25
heyyy when applying through ucas for pwc did you mention the company in your personal statement or keep it general to your subject??

I think u shouldnt specifically mention pwc, u could just say the big 4 maybe? as u have 5 options in UCAS and I'm supposing not all 5 of those are the pwc course.
Reply 190
Original post by ahd4533
I think u shouldnt specifically mention pwc, u could just say the big 4 maybe? as u have 5 options in UCAS and I'm supposing not all 5 of those are the pwc course.

considering that everyone else is probably applying for other courses i dont think they would expect me to but if i did i was hoping it would help me? im not going to uni bc of the fees 😭 its also bc ive done research on them which i think i could showcase
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 191

Hi I am at the video interview stage of my application process, can u pls give me any tips on this
Reply 192
Original post by morijiaa
Hi I am at the video interview stage of my application process, can u pls give me any tips on this

how was the first initial assesment, can u please provide an overview of what was in it

thanks

Hi I am expecting the Assessment Centre invite soon! Pls can you let me know how long was your AC last year - possibly 30 minutes? And did you get only one group exercise or some other individual assessments too?
just received my invite for the assessment centre in Manchester (accounting)
Original post by TalalImam

I got it too. Any tips on preparing for the AC?
But I’m an International student, so it will be online for me
Reply 197
Original post by Curious64
Hi I am expecting the Assessment Centre invite soon! Pls can you let me know how long was your AC last year - possibly 30 minutes? And did you get only one group exercise or some other individual assessments too?

If you find out the answer to this pls let me know
Reply 198
Original post by viresy
I got a call yesterday saying I was accepted at QMUL but I haven’t received any offer from them on UCAS. Should I be expecting another email or another call?

Hi, Ive applied to QMUL for the 2024 programme, could you please offer me some tips for the assessment centre?
Original post by TalalImam
Same! For the people who got done the assessment centre, do you have any advice? And can you explain in detail what the assessment centre would involve and what to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending