The Student Room Group

PWC Flying Start Accountancy Degree 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tonkzs-
hi, it was okay yet i found the virtual environment quite difficult to work within - there were no cues as to when to talk like there are when face to face. thought i made some decent contributions yet don’t think i talked enough to be noticed, how about you?

hi so mime was in the afternoon my objective was a sustainable supply chain. overall i made good points and contributed to the final decision. however my whole team was great just a few instances where i spoke the same time as someone else as u said there are no cues when to talk
Reply 61
has anyone heard anything back yet?
No, you?
Original post by AA55
has anyone heard anything back yet?
Reply 63
Original post by layreb
No, you?

no the waiting is killing me which uni did u apply for and what course
Original post by AA55
no the waiting is killing me which uni did u apply for and what course

Reading .. Accounting hbu?
Reply 65
Original post by layreb
Reading .. Accounting hbu?

Queen Mary - accounting
Original post by AA55
Queen Mary - accounting

Sigh, I was hoping they started issuing results today... I did my Career Focus Day on March 3rd and I hate the idea of waiting 4 more days for a response. :frown:
Reply 67
Original post by layreb
Sigh, I was hoping they started issuing results today... I did my Career Focus Day on March 3rd and I hate the idea of waiting 4 more days for a response. :frown:

i did mine on the 9th and ive been doing mocks which is stressful and at the same time thinking out the pwc offer
Original post by AA55
i did mine on the 9th and ive been doing mocks which is stressful and at the same time thinking out the pwc offer

Sigh. I really hope we hear from them soon!
For some reason I doubt they'll start to call today if they haven't already 🤷
I've been emailing, constantly checking my phone, checking My PwC Workday, My "Me@Reading" and my UCAS all day. Don't know how I'll see it through for the rest of the week if I keep it up like this. I'm working and can't even concentrate as I should :frown:
I was even thinking that maybe they would call later in the day due to the fact that they emailed us after 5 when we were invited to the Career Focus Day... But I keep having all these high hopes and disappoint myself :redface:
Anyways, let's try not to think about it and let the time pass (Easier said than done, ik).
Good luck on your Mocks!
Reply 69
Original post by layreb
Sigh. I really hope we hear from them soon!
For some reason I doubt they'll start to call today if they haven't already 🤷
I've been emailing, constantly checking my phone, checking My PwC Workday, My "Me@Reading" and my UCAS all day. Don't know how I'll see it through for the rest of the week if I keep it up like this. I'm working and can't even concentrate as I should :frown:
I was even thinking that maybe they would call later in the day due to the fact that they emailed us after 5 when we were invited to the Career Focus Day... But I keep having all these high hopes and disappoint myself :redface:
Anyways, let's try not to think about it and let the time pass (Easier said than done, ik).
Good luck on your Mocks!

THANK YOU!
I'll not think about it but its literally the only offer i want:bawling: like if i happen to get LSE by chance i would happily reject them for the flying start.
Original post by AA55
THANK YOU!
I'll not think about it but its literally the only offer i want:bawling: like if i happen to get LSE by chance i would happily reject them for the flying start.

Lol, me too. I have an offer from Bristol, which I thought I wouldn't have gotten. And I'm at the point in which if I don't get the PwC offer, I will not even bother to study in the UK
Reply 71
Original post by layreb
Lol, me too. I have an offer from Bristol, which I thought I wouldn't have gotten. And I'm at the point in which if I don't get the PwC offer, I will not even bother to study in the UK

u dont live in the UK?
Original post by AA55
u dont live in the UK?

No, British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by layreb
no, british overseas territory in the caribbean :smile:

wow coool
Original post by AA55
wow coool

Lol, thank you!

So I emailed PwC Recruitment team...

"Thank you for contacting PwC People Student Recruitment.

Please note that you will receive the outcome of your application for Flying Start Accounting, 2023 by Friday, 24 March 2023, as you have been informed in a previous email from our recruiters.

Should you require any other information, do not hesitate to contact us."

I don't even know what else I expected :confused:
Reply 75
Original post by layreb
Lol, thank you!

So I emailed PwC Recruitment team...

"Thank you for contacting PwC People Student Recruitment.

Please note that you will receive the outcome of your application for Flying Start Accounting, 2023 by Friday, 24 March 2023, as you have been informed in a previous email from our recruiters.

Should you require any other information, do not hesitate to contact us."

I don't even know what else I expected :confused:

lol automated email
Original post by AA55
lol automated email

It's an actual person who responded but I felt like she could've been more detailed.. Anyway it is what it is i guess.
Reply 77
yeah ik but like if i emailed them i would have got the exact same reply word for word hence i said automated
Original post by layreb
It's an actual person who responded but I felt like she could've been more detailed.. Anyway it is what it is i guess.
I applied for Newcastle and did my assessment centre on the 1st of march and haven’t heard back yet… hopefully they’ll be doing them soon
Original post by lilacworld
I applied for Newcastle and did my assessment centre on the 1st of march and haven’t heard back yet… hopefully they’ll be doing them soon

No update to UCAS either? I did mine 3rd March in the afternoon
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending