The Student Room Group

UCAS Decisions

I’m about to enter yr13 and soon need to start making UCAS decisions and I’m stuck between which unis are best to do an international relations or politics and international relations degree.
I was looking at:
In london:
City College of London
Goldsmith
UCL
Queen Mary University
And LSE
out of london:
Leeds
Loughborough
Bath
Manchester

Please give me recommendations of which I should take into consideration, not just by ranking but also how well the uni is run and the lecturers etc.
You could start by researching and comparing courses / institutions here https://discoveruni.gov.uk/
Original post by jade_65
I’m about to enter yr13 and soon need to start making UCAS decisions and I’m stuck between which unis are best to do an international relations or politics and international relations degree.
I was looking at:
In london:
City College of London
Goldsmith
UCL
Queen Mary University
And LSE
out of london:
Leeds
Loughborough
Bath
Manchester

Please give me recommendations of which I should take into consideration, not just by ranking but also how well the uni is run and the lecturers etc.

Hello :smile:

As I'm not currently a student, I can't help with making recommendations from a student point of view but I can offer some tips to help in your decision making. I'd recommend looking at course listings for all of the universities you've mentioned and specifically looking at the modules you'll cover - this is a good way to get a better understanding of what you'll learn and whether this seems interesting to you. If anything is unclear, there are usually department contacts on the webpages who will have the course-specific knowledge to help out.

As you're looking both inside and outside of London, it's probably also worth considering what type of university you'd like to study at as you have a mix of big cities, smaller cities and campus universities listed above which are all quite a different university experience. If you're interested in a student community environment, a campus uni is a good fit, but if you want to be part of a big city then one of the city unis would suit you. If you're unsure, I'd recommend heading to some open days to get a feel for the different unis - you'll be living there for 3 years and want to love where you live so this is as important as the course content in my opinion :smile: you can also speak with academics at open days to get more of an understanding of the course content.

I hope this helps and hopefully see you at a Loughborough open day in the future!

Jennifer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending