The Student Room Group

Do you hear back from universities even if you don't get an offer?

I've had offers from three universities, and on my UCAS application page it says that I've heard back from '3/5' like a progress bar. Does this mean even if they don't offer me a place the remaining 2 will get back to me definitively either way? Is there a date by which if I don't hear anything back I should take it that they aren't going to give an offer?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by amason1
I've had offers from three universities, and on my UCAS application page it says that I've heard back from '3/5' like a progress bar. Does this mean even if they don't offer me a place the remaining 2 will get back to me definitively either way? Is there a date by which if I don't hear anything back I should take it that they aren't going to give an offer?

You will hear them back- uni’s deadlines are 16/05 I believe. So you have plenty of time.
UCAS will notify you when the remaining unis make decisions. They have until May if you applied before Jan 31st.

Hypothetically if they didn't make a decision by then, UCAS will mark the applications as unsuccessful by default. This does not happen often and the majority of unis make decisions in good time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending