The Student Room Group

HELP: SciencesPo Admission 2023 PSIA

Hi guys, I am a history graduate from India who applied to SciencesPo MA International Security for the 2022 intake (during the final year of my undergrad). I had unfortunately been rejected, not only by SciencesPo but also by IHEID and LSE. At the time my profile looked like this:

-7.7 / 10 GPA at one of the best colleges at the undergraduate level in my country.
- Great recommendations from my professors since I was one of the top performers in my class
- Online certifications in IR theory, Migrations, and Introduction to Public Policy.
- Strong extracurriculars at the undergraduate and school level, leadership positions in clubs, student councils and student-faculty committees
- An internship at a small publication writing on international affairs, and a communications internship at an international research centre working for poverty alleviation (J-PAL).
- I am bilingual with proficiency in English and Hindi, and I am also able to hold basic conversations in Urdu.

I was disheartened to get a rejection as I really loved the course and the SciencesPo teaching methodology. At the time, I rationalised my rejection by arguing that I did not have enough *relevant* work experience. I have spent the past year improving my profile in that regard. My profile now looks like this:
- Graduated with a 7.6 / 10 GPA from my college with academic awards for the quality and regularity of my academic work.
- Other aspects such as extracurriculars, and online certifications have remained pretty much the same.
- I interned as a Researcher at a think tank working on peace, conflict and strategic studies, following this I interned as a researcher at a regional international organisation (SAARC), and I am currently interning as a researcher at India's best think tank under the supervision of a leading foreign policy expert.

Understandably, I am slightly worried since I do not wish to be rejected again. Can someone help me by affirming whether I have addressed the weaknesses in my application, or if there is anything I need to improve on for my 2023 application?

PS: Sorry for the long question, and thank you for taking the time to read this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending