The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham A101 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A101 (Graduate Entry Medicine) 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Graduate-Entry-Medicine-BMBS

For entry requirements click:
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Graduate-Entry-Medicine-BMBS#requirements

Previous threads:
2022 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7080364

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi anyone applying blind to notts this year?
Reply 2
Original post by knight999

Yep! Sat in March this year but hoping my September sitting boosted my score by a couple. Fingers crossed.

Yeaaaaaaaaah ! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Thanks4helping
Has anyone received the work experience forms? Does getting this mean that one has passed the UK 2:2 requirement?

Yes, I have!

I believe that as of last year, work exp questionnaires are sent to all applicants.
I recieved the work experience form. At the end it said to note that it had been sent to all applicants so I don't believe it to be an indicator of anything at all really. Good luck everyone! I work at the hospital right now and have my training in the education centre that GEM is taught in for the first few months and i feel like crying with anxiety everytime I walk into it.

Luckily not because I somehow did better in the March 22 sitting than I expected but I feel the anxiety for you!
Anyone have any educated guesses or predictions on Notts cut off this year? An increase or decrease? I’m so bloody nervous it’s unreal! I got 57 (59 the Notts way) in March 22 GAMSAT and I’m terrified it not going to be enough, especially with last years cut off!
Original post by Thanks4helping
Regarding the work experience, does anyone know if admissions will immediately reject an applicant or ask the applicant again if the work experience is not what they were looking for?

Hi,

I am currently on the Nottingham GEM Course. I started this September. I only had customer service experience (nothing clinical or health care related). It is entirely about what you can say you learned from working that interests them.

In answer to your question, they won’t invite anyone to interview who doesn’t meet the requirements they have. As long as you have (or are predicted to) met the academic requirement, have a GAMSAT score high enough, and your academic reference is sorted, and you have explained your experience well enough then you should get an interview.

hope that helps!
Do you know if they actually follow through with the work experience references?
Original post by Barneyy97
Hi,

I am currently on the Nottingham GEM Course. I started this September. I only had customer service experience (nothing clinical or health care related). It is entirely about what you can say you learned from working that interests them.

In answer to your question, they won’t invite anyone to interview who doesn’t meet the requirements they have. As long as you have (or are predicted to) met the academic requirement, have a GAMSAT score high enough, and your academic reference is sorted, and you have explained your experience well enough then you should get an interview.

hope that helps!

Do you think we can reference online work experience such as BSMS or RCGP?
TIA
Original post by LongWood22
Do you know if they actually follow through with the work experience references?

Well that’s not a dodgy question😂 I would be very surprised if they follow up on every single one of them because that would be incredibly man power intensive. Maybe they would check before offers? Or just random checks.
Is the wait for any correspondence killing anyone else? 😂 just want the GAMSAT results released and for us all to be put out of our misery one way or another 😩
Original post by ginabpk
Is the wait for any correspondence killing anyone else? 😂 just want the GAMSAT results released and for us all to be put out of our misery one way or another 😩

The wait isn't an easy one, but you need to be patient I'm afraid!

I'm in the first year of GEM at Nottingham, and my timeline of correspondence last year was -

- End of November - Request for a new email address for my UCAS reference....it must come from an NHS or business email, not Gmail. So they are evidently working on reference checks early in the process.

- Mid December - Offer of interview
- Early February - Interview via Teams (although they run from mid January until early February)

- Late March - request for an employment reference, since I had been out of study for a while.

- Early April - Offer received. Others were receiving offers up until end of August.

So I'm afraid the timeline is quite drawn out.
Good luck all, hope to see you at Derby next year!
Original post by silver5
The wait isn't an easy one, but you need to be patient I'm afraid!

I'm in the first year of GEM at Nottingham, and my timeline of correspondence last year was -

- End of November - Request for a new email address for my UCAS reference....it must come from an NHS or business email, not Gmail. So they are evidently working on reference checks early in the process.

- Mid December - Offer of interview
- Early February - Interview via Teams (although they run from mid January until early February)

- Late March - request for an employment reference, since I had been out of study for a while.

- Early April - Offer received. Others were receiving offers up until end of August.

So I'm afraid the timeline is quite drawn out.
Good luck all, hope to see you at Derby next year!

Thank you for your reply!

Wow, that is a long process 😦 I’m just trying to take it day by day. Every day that goes by, I’m closer to finding out either way what’s going to happen. I just hate the uncertainty lol.
I hope you’re enjoying med school and I hope to see you too! 🤞🏻
Hey guys, I hope everyone got what they needed/wanted in their GAMSAT!

Now the results are out, what are our thoughts/predictions on cut offs for Notts?
Original post by ginabpk

Now the results are out, what are our thoughts/predictions on cut offs for Notts?

No idea, I hope it decreases though! What gamsat score are people applying with? I have 58 but I think this won't make the cut off.
No idea, I hope it decreases though! What gamsat score are people applying with? I have 58 but I think this won't make the cut off.

I've a 59 (60 unweighted). Hoping this will be enough to secure an interview 🤞
Original post by ginabpk

Seems like the September sitting was marked harder, hopefully this translates to a lower cut off
Original post by Gradmedicine2023
I've a 59 (60 unweighted). Hoping this will be enough to secure an interview 🤞

I think it will! It’s crazy to think how much the cut off has risen over the last 2 years :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending