The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by LongWood22
Anyone find out their waitlist position yet?

Do not want to disclose it, but yes, I know my waiting list position
Original post by anumber1
Do not want to disclose it, but yes, I know my waiting list position

You happy with it?
Waitlist is definitely moving btw. Swansea could also be awarded more funding for spaces as they did in both 21 and 22.
Reply 282
Original post by LongWood22
You happy with it?
Waitlist is definitely moving btw. Swansea could also be awarded more funding for spaces as they did in both 21 and 22.

not happy but not unhappy either. think it's 50/50, just really depends on how many more spaces free up (obviously), that could be less than 5, that could be more than 20, you'd have to be an oracle to know. extra funding would make things much more likely for all of us on the waiting list. not sure the waiting list has moved in past couple of weeks though, there definitely hasn't been any new on tsr about it. just have to see really
not happy but not unhappy either. think it's 50/50, just really depends on how many more spaces free up (obviously), that could be less than 5, that could be more than 20, you'd have to be an oracle to know. extra funding would make things much more likely for all of us on the waiting list. not sure the waiting list has moved in past couple of weeks though, there definitely hasn't been any new on tsr about it. just have to see really

its definetly moved. I asked for my place before this recent email and asked again recently. I've gone up several spaces
Maybe one of the swansea reps could chime in with some insider knowledge on extra places this year 🤔 😏??
Reply 285
let's hope the WL keeps moving at the same rate really

also, re: extra places, saw that this has happened past couple of years, curious as to if the uni has managed to keep this funding and therefore if the places offered this year is inclusive of those 'extra places' or perhaps if this year the extra places might still come, or both tbh.
let's hope the WL keeps moving at the same rate really

also, re: extra places, saw that this has happened past couple of years, curious as to if the uni has managed to keep this funding and therefore if the places offered this year is inclusive of those 'extra places' or perhaps if this year the extra places might still come, or both tbh.

Yh they managed to snag them last minute last year so people got offers very late. 2022 entry cohort im presuming was 142 total
Reply 287
Glad to have gotten waiting list positions now, but wish there was some online tool or system that would allow for checking the position/updates in real time. Tbh, definitely something you could turn obsessive over, but also don’t want to be annoying by asking uni repeatedly. Fingers crossed the WL is still moving and double fingers crossed for extra funding/places
All quiet on the swansea front?
When the extra funding was given in 2021, apparently the school were told about it at the end of August, just to let you know.
Original post by Emjaynejones
When the extra funding was given in 2021, apparently the school were told about it at the end of August, just to let you know.

They increased the spaces last year too. Just seems unlikely they would 3 years in a row. They did increase the funding to medical education in wales, dont know if that applies to swansea though
Reply 291
anyone received any new recently?
Reply 292
for the reference of future applicants, i received an offer earlier
for the reference of future applicants, i received an offer earlier

Congrats ! 🥳🥳
Is there a similar thread for 2024 entry? Can't seem to find one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending