The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arobrusker
Okay I sat down to do the test today. I won't say much more because I don't want to spoil it for people wanting a blind practice, but it wasn't difficult, per se. Just a bit lengthy. Definitely practice typing fast haha.

Is there like a word count for the questions or suggested amount to write?
Original post by Kencoby
Is there like a word count for the questions or suggested amount to write?

None that I could see.
Reply 62
Okay I sat down to do the test today. I won't say much more because I don't want to spoil it for people wanting a blind practice, but it wasn't difficult, per se. Just a bit lengthy. Definitely practice typing fast haha.

Do they not tell us the answers? 🥲
Original post by jks
Do they not tell us the answers? 🥲

No I don’t think so :/
Does anyone know if we're allowed to use a pen and paper for the maths bit? And also, it says you can use a calculator, is the one on your phone okay or should I go buy one to be safe?
Original post by djones287
Does anyone know if we're allowed to use a pen and paper for the maths bit? And also, it says you can use a calculator, is the one on your phone okay or should I go buy one to be safe?

Not sure about the paper but I definitely wouldn't use a phone for a calculator
Reply 66
I kind of wish they did a session for us to ask questions as having a pen and paper is going to be essential for working out the maths questions. The timer also disappears sometimes, so it would be great if we could permanently see it
Original post by jks
I kind of wish they did a session for us to ask questions as having a pen and paper is going to be essential for working out the maths questions. The timer also disappears sometimes, so it would be great if we could permanently see it

You should email admissions if you have any questions. They’re quite good at answering quickly.
I emailed them asking whether we are allowed pen and paper and they said yes. Pen, paper, calculator (presumably not the one on your phone) are all allowed.
Reply 69
Anyone received the zoom link for the written assessment yet?
I emailed them asking whether we are allowed pen and paper and they said yes. Pen, paper, calculator (presumably not the one on your phone) are all allowed.

Thanks for sharing the info!
Original post by Iws97
Anyone received the zoom link for the written assessment yet?

Nothing yet!
Hello all! Hope everyone's prep is going well. I am just wondering, in the written assessment part where it asks what criteria was used/how did you decide which tasks to prioritise - are they expecting references to GMC guidance and similar when they ask what criteria is used? Just wondering whether they are wanting us to be super specific e.g. 'as per point 10 in GMC guidance' etc. or is just more general reasons based on our own judgement?

Hope that all makes sense!
Reply 73

Thank you for checking with them 😊
Original post by ar13965
Hello all! Hope everyone's prep is going well. I am just wondering, in the written assessment part where it asks what criteria was used/how did you decide which tasks to prioritise - are they expecting references to GMC guidance and similar when they ask what criteria is used? Just wondering whether they are wanting us to be super specific e.g. 'as per point 10 in GMC guidance' etc. or is just more general reasons based on our own judgement?

I think they want to see how you can justify your choices and how well you can communicate them rather than regurgitate GMC guidance. But then again, I've not sat this test before so can't really say.
Original post by ar13965

I think they’re trying to get a feel on how you handle situations personally and how well you explain yourself for doing so. Would probably help to use some justification and relate it to the ethics etc. mentioned in the gmc guidance if that’s how you feel comfortable doing it:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Has anyone tried to access the practice test again?
Reply 77
Anyone else stressed for this test or is it just me 🥹
Original post by jks
Anyone else stressed for this test or is it just me 🥹

I am ahah :frown: When's your test?
Reply 79
Original post by MushroomEmpress
I am ahah :frown: When's your test?

Tuesday 12pm, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending