The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L (Nottingham at Lincoln) Applicant thread 2023

Scroll to see replies

By any chance do you have idea of what the cut off score is for grads to secure a interview?

Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was probably around 120 last year - or are you talking score for a grad? FY courses usually have lower cut offs and requirements
Original post by Applicant456
By any chance do you have idea of what the cut off score is for grads to secure a interview?

About 98, it seemed
hi do you think it would be smart to apply here with score of 123?
GCSEs 9998887D* achieved a levels A*A*A
ucat 2730 B1 (VR - 600, DM - 700, QR - 810, AR - 620)
Original post by GANFYD
About 98, it seemed

I think it was lower for Lincoln
Original post by Chironn
I think it was lower for Lincoln

I think you probably have the best info of all for grads - what are your thoughts?
Original post by GANFYD
I think you probably have the best info of all for grads - what are your thoughts?

To my understanding, graduates are not disadvantaged by the fact that their GCSEs don't count and are considered with other school leavers/non grads- which leads me to think that students might be considered on their ucat/sjt score first.

I'm not sure if this person was a graduate but I saw someone get an interview with 96/120 at lincoln. 119/120 was the cutoff for school leavers
Original post by Chironn
To my understanding, graduates are not disadvantaged by the fact that their GCSEs don't count and are considered with other school leavers/non grads- which leads me to think that students might be considered on their ucat/sjt score first.

I'm not sure if this person was a graduate but I saw someone get an interview with 96/120 at lincoln. 119/120 was the cutoff for school leavers

I think they were a grad
Hi does anyone have the cut off for undergrads form last yr
Original post by Katiekl
Hi does anyone have the cut off for undergrads form last yr

Have you read the thread? It is <2 pages
Original post by Chironn

Hey @Chironn [br] I saw you on last years thread I think, and I think you had 98 points and applied to both Lincoln and notts? I’ve applied to only Lincoln with 98 points, do you think this is a safe score?
also I think the 96 points was for a school leaver who got an interview, but the 96 points was for only their UCAT and so obviously they had more points with GCSEs factored in :smile: so as long at grads aren’t disadvantaged with only their UCAT being scored then surely 96 points for only UCAT would have been ok for grads
also with your experience did you find that grads hear back later than school leavers or is at the same time roughly?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 30
Original post by GANFYD
Widening participation flags will make you eligible for the A18L course. See what the website says

Please can you help

I’m a graduate (1st in biomed) with only English and math GCSE’s and a low ucat - where is best to apply?
Original post by TheEgg
Please can you help

I’m a graduate (1st in biomed) with only English and math GCSE’s and a low ucat - where is best to apply?

You need to fully state all of your stats, including your full academic history (GCSEs onwards) and UCAT breakdown for anyone to help
Reply 32
Original post by Emmaharris499
You need to fully state all of your stats, including your full academic history (GCSEs onwards) and UCAT breakdown for anyone to help

👍🏽
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TheEgg
Math 8
English c
Ucat 2420
Biomedical science 1st

So because you’ve posted in the Lincoln thread, I need a breakdown of exactly what you got in ur UCAT as in the score of each individual section AND band to calculate your points.
Also, have you done A-levels? The alevel requirement of AAA can be waived due to your 1st in Biomed though (for Lincoln and Nottingham).
Most med schools may require you to meet their minimum GCSEs requirement which is 5A* to C I believe but as you only have 2 GCSEs, this will be tricky. For Lincoln and Nottingham, it seems that you satisfy their GCSE requirement as you only need a 4 in maths and English language. Just to confirm, is your English grade is for English language ?
Please also provide your Alevel grades aswell and any work experience
Also what year of entry are you applying for? The deadline for 2023 applications is today
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Emmaharris499
So because you’ve posted in the Lincoln thread, I need a breakdown of exactly what you got in ur UCAT as in the score of each individual section AND band to calculate your points.
Also, have you done A-levels? The alevel requirement of AAA can be waived due to your 1st in Biomed though (for Lincoln and Nottingham).
Most med schools may require you to meet their minimum GCSEs requirement which is 5A* to C I believe but as you only have 2 GCSEs, this will be tricky. For Lincoln and Nottingham, it seems that you satisfy their GCSE requirement as you only need a 4 in maths and English language. Just to confirm, is your English grade is for English language ?
Please also provide your Alevel grades aswell and any work experience
Also what year of entry are you applying for? The deadline for 2023 applications is today

Hey I never did a-levels And yes I’ve done English language.
Vr 530
Dm 550
Qr 620
Ar 710
Total 2420
Band 2

Yes I’m aware it’s today I’m basically just struggling on my forth choice. I have added Lincoln already but wondered if there’s any others that go based on degree criteria alone with low ucat scores.
Thanks for all your help
Original post by TheEgg
Hey I never did a-levels And yes I’ve done English language.
Vr 530
Dm 550
Qr 620
Ar 710
Total 2420
Band 2

Yes I’m aware it’s today I’m basically just struggling on my forth choice. I have added Lincoln already but wondered if there’s any others that go based on degree criteria alone with low ucat scores.
Thanks for all your help

Hey, so your points total to 81 I believe (36 for UCAT + 45 for band 2) out of a total possible of 120 (60 UCAT + 60 band). Last year the approximate cut off for Lincoln was ~96 so hopefully Lincoln’s cut off drops this year but I don’t think your application would be very competitive especially because Notts/Lincoln don’t really score degrees either, sorry :frown:
Before uni did you do BTECs or another qualification post GCSEs? It’s tricky trying to work out what the best options would have been without this
I’ll be very honest, graduates applying to a100 courses often require a higher UCAT and so it may be difficult for you this year. I know it’s past the deadline, but maybe one to consider could have been Worcester? They don’t have a cut off and assess holistically. With this said, last year most shortlisted applicants had 2500 or above, however according to a FOI the lowest to be shortlisted was ~2380. They also let down their offer holders last year but I guess applying wouldn’t have hurt if you had a free space
What are your other choices? xx
Has anyone gotten an acknowledgement email from Lincoln? It's been 4 days since I applied
Reply 37
Original post by Subi2254
Has anyone gotten an acknowledgement email from Lincoln? It's been 4 days since I applied

I sent my application off 14th Oct at around 8pm and got the acknowledgment email from Notts (on behalf of Lincoln) the next day around 7pm. Check ur junk mail, it might be there
Original post by sj69
I sent my application off 14th Oct at around 8pm and got the acknowledgment email from Notts (on behalf of Lincoln) the next day around 7pm. Check ur junk mail, it might be there

Checked everything, my promotions and spam folder as well, I've received it from my 2 other unis only Lincoln and Nottingham are left. I'm an international student, should I email them?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Subi2254
Checked everything, my promotions and spam folder as well, I've received it from my 2 other unis only Lincoln and Nottingham are left. I'm an international student, should I email them?

Hey, I also applied to Lincoln and haven’t received an acknowledgment either. I’m not an international student though. I wouldn’t worry too much, but if it’s stressing you then maybe call them. But yeah I wouldn’t worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending