The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L (Nottingham at Lincoln) Applicant thread 2023

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! Does anyone know how to create a thread. Im new to tsr and have no idea how to LMAO. I want to create one for the lincoln foundation year medicine applicant cohort for this year. Pls someone help!! Also good luck guys on your applications I hope you smash it!!!
Original post by Welcome14
Hey guys! Does anyone know how to create a thread. Im new to tsr and have no idea how to LMAO. I want to create one for the lincoln foundation year medicine applicant cohort for this year. Pls someone help!! Also good luck guys on your applications I hope you smash it!!!

Jist got at the topof the website and click ask a question and then choose the med forum :smile:
Does anyone know if interviews will be online or in person?
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Jist got at the topof the website and click ask a question and then choose the med forum :smile:

Thank you so much
:smile:
Hey guys, I applied to both notts and lincoln foundation year medicine and I still aint recieved any confirmation email from them yet. I submitted my application on the morning of the 15th at 5am. Should i be worried?
Original post by StaticMedic
Does anyone know if interviews will be online or in person?

Pretty sure they will be online this year :smile:
hey, I just received one from Nottingham and assumed they were linked in one email since they're linked, is that okay
Original post by Welcome14
Hey guys, I applied to both notts and lincoln foundation year medicine and I still aint recieved any confirmation email from them yet. I submitted my application on the morning of the 15th at 5am. Should i be worried?
Original post by badgal9
hey, I just received one from Nottingham and assumed they were linked in one email since they're linked, is that okay

I applied to both Nottingham and Lincoln as well and got one for Nottingham A100 only as well.
Original post by Emmaharris499
Hey @Chironn [br] I saw you on last years thread I think, and I think you had 98 points and applied to both Lincoln and notts? I’ve applied to only Lincoln with 98 points, do you think this is a safe score?
also I think the 96 points was for a school leaver who got an interview, but the 96 points was for only their UCAT and so obviously they had more points with GCSEs factored in :smile: so as long at grads aren’t disadvantaged with only their UCAT being scored then surely 96 points for only UCAT would have been ok for grads
also with your experience did you find that grads hear back later than school leavers or is at the same time roughly?

Hi Emma! Sorry for the late reply, I don't check tsr as much! I can't say how it will be this year- I think maybe also look into the current ucat deciles/overall SJT performance to decide. Based on last year I would think it would be around that number but I really can't say much more than that

There are actually quite a few grads at lincoln- which was very surprising yet nice to see! Regarding the interview, I think it's random. (i did hear back in the 2nd batch of interviews tho). With offers, some graduates received their's with the first batch but many heard much later and were waitlist applicants. I don't think Lincoln would separate between grads and undergrads.

Keep in mind that Nottingham is the school that deals with almost all admissions. The selection process is virtually the same- the only difference is their cut-off and the number of places at each school. There might be more information on the Nottingham threads regarding this- being that lincoln is much smaller and newer

Best of Luck xx
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone know when so we expect to hear back if we get invitations for interviews?
Hey guys,

I have also applied to this course. They asked me to send them an academic reference a few days ago as I'll be applying as a mature student after my Biology degree. :smile:

They're the only medical school to get in touch with me so far, other than confirmation emails!
Hey, what do you mean by academic reference? I am a grad (already have my degree) applying to the a100 but haven't been asked to send anything yet
Original post by clucky_chick
Hey guys,

I have also applied to this course. They asked me to send them an academic reference a few days ago as I'll be applying as a mature student after my Biology degree. :smile:

They're the only medical school to get in touch with me so far, other than confirmation emails!
Reply 52
Original post by MandyMed
Does anyone know when so we expect to hear back if we get invitations for interviews?

also wondering the same
Original post by ro04
also wondering the same

If I’m not mistaken, according to last years thread it was around the 1st Dec and year before was 30 Nov. So I’d say first few days of December. They also come out in batches, hope that helps:smile:
Reply 54
If I’m not mistaken, according to last years thread it was around the 1st Dec and year before was 30 Nov. So I’d say first few days of December. They also come out in batches, hope that helps:smile:

okay thank you so much! so if they come out in batches, do you know approximately up until when the batch invites can still be offered?
Original post by ro04
okay thank you so much! so if they come out in batches, do you know approximately up until when the batch invites can still be offered?

ooh no clue, sorry! I would guess because interviews are dec-march maybe throughout that period? I’ll do some research later tonight and let you know :smile:
Original post by ro04

Hey I’m so sorry, I completely forgot to reply! So did some research and also spoke to admissions and I was told that invites are sent in batches up until the end of January. They should start coming out in the next couple of weeks and batches are apparently completely random - it’s all randomly picked by a computer system and isn’t in an order of any sort eg UCAT score, alphabetical etc. hope this helps xx
Reply 57
Hey I’m so sorry, I completely forgot to reply! So did some research and also spoke to admissions and I was told that invites are sent in batches up until the end of January. They should start coming out in the next couple of weeks and batches are apparently completely random - it’s all randomly picked by a computer system and isn’t in an order of any sort eg UCAT score, alphabetical etc. hope this helps xx

Thank you ever so much!!! Where else did you apply to! xx
Reply 58
What does everyone predict the cut off to be? I currently have 125 points but seeing last yrs thread I’m worried that the cut off may be closer to 127/128?

Also, if you don’t mind sharing, what points did everyone else apply with :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by akaaa
What does everyone predict the cut off to be? I currently have 125 points but seeing last yrs thread I’m worried that the cut off may be closer to 127/128?

Also, if you don’t mind sharing, what points did everyone else apply with :smile:

hi could you please post the link to how we can check the points because i cant seem to find the page anymore
thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending