The Student Room Group

MPAS Physician Associate Studies 2023 Entry

Hi!

This thread is for anyone considering applying to the undergraduate MPAS physician associate studies course for 2023 entry.

I'm going to be applying to UCLan anyone else applying?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm also planning to apply :smile: But I haven't had much work experience. What have you done for work experience?
Hi! I’m planning to apply as well!
Reply 3
What other courses are you applying to?
Original post by NicolaMS
Hi! I’m planning to apply as well!
Original post by sp_18_
What other courses are you applying to?

I do want to do medicine but since my grades and ucat score won’t suffice for almost all medical schools with foundation year I’m going to apply PA as well!
Reply 5
Best of luck for your applications :smile: !!
I do want to do medicine but since my grades and ucat score won’t suffice for almost all medical schools with foundation year I’m going to apply PA as well!
Original post by sp_18_
Best of luck for your applications :smile: !!

Thank you! Where else and what else are you applying for x
Reply 7
I am applying to UCLan and Reading for physician associate studies, and I haven't decided if I'm going to choose nursing or biomedical science as my backup, as physician associate studies is also offered as a postgraduate course. So maybe Surrey university too as I live in Surrey :smile:

Thank you! Where else and what else are you applying for x
Original post by sp_18_
I am applying to UCLan and Reading for physician associate studies, and I haven't decided if I'm going to choose nursing or biomedical science as my backup, as physician associate studies is also offered as a postgraduate course. So maybe Surrey university too as I live in Surrey :smile:

advice to you guys do something that can get you a job straight away just incase you dont get PA or medicine so you can work for the time being and get experience too
Reply 9
Thank you for the advice !! Are you applying to university? Or are you already in university? If so, what course are you doing? :smile:
Original post by Maams_xo
advice to you guys do something that can get you a job straight away just incase you dont get PA or medicine so you can work for the time being and get experience too
Hi i’m also planning to apply but don’t have a lot of work experience so i’m worried about how that might hinder my application :/
Hi, I’ve applied for Worcester and Birmingham. Just keeping my fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 12
where else are you applying? x
Original post by sarahraza21
Hi i’m also planning to apply but don’t have a lot of work experience so i’m worried about how that might hinder my application :/
Reply 13

yh same, I am going to be applying to UCLan as one of my applications if medicine doesn't work out.
Reply 14
Original post by sp_18_
Hi! I'm also planning to apply :smile: But I haven't had much work experience. What have you done for work experience?

some shadowing of doctors and a couple online courses. I think reflecting on your work experience is probably more important than how much you have got though
Does anyone know what structure reading interviews follow? I know it’s a 30 minute panel style interview, but i have no idea what questions could be asked (
Reply 16
Original post by shaza_xox
Does anyone know what structure reading interviews follow? I know it’s a 30 minute panel style interview, but i have no idea what questions could be asked (

questions are most likely going to be ones that test your understanding of the role of a PA and how you are able to adapt to scenarios that you may often face in the health care setting
Reply 17
Got an interview invite yesterday from Reading anyone else? It’s a panel interview online, booked towards end of nov.
Reply 18
Original post by 121dxb
Got an interview invite yesterday from Reading anyone else? It’s a panel interview online, booked towards end of nov.

interviews already well done!! I havent received anything yet but I applied to UClan though
Original post by 121dxb

I also got an interview invite, and booked November 23rd.
I’ll be honest with you. I have done little to no interview prep so I’m gonna be searching the Internet frantically.
How are you feeling about yours?
Hopefully you are calmer than I am :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest