The Student Room Group

UCLAN Undergrad Physician Associate 2024 Entry

Hey any offer holders for this course? Anyone been invited to the offer holder day?
Original post by mxlaika1
Hey any offer holders for this course? Anyone been invited to the offer holder day?

Hey @mxlaika1, 😊

Great to see that you are interested in our MPAS (Hons) Physician Associate Studies here at UCLan. This course is an undergraduate integrated master's which lasts four years. I see you are looking for applicants that have been invited for an offer holder day, whilst I'm not one of these, can I help with any questions you may have?

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey @mxlaika1, 😊

Great to see that you are interested in our MPAS (Hons) Physician Associate Studies here at UCLan. This course is an undergraduate integrated master's which lasts four years. I see you are looking for applicants that have been invited for an offer holder day, whilst I'm not one of these, can I help with any questions you may have?

All the best,
Sarah

Thank you so much for the reply! I hope you are well.
I do have a few questions :smile:

I have heard that students of medicine and the undergrad physician associate course at UCLAN can get kicked out if they fail any exam at all during their studying. Is this true?

Is the offer holder day a first come, first serve basis? Or do I have until the dates of the offer holder day to register and book my place?

Thank you so much for the reply! I hope you are well.
I do have a few questions :smile:

I have heard that students of medicine and the undergrad physician associate course at UCLAN can get kicked out if they fail any exam at all during their studying. Is this true?

Is the offer holder day a first come, first serve basis? Or do I have until the dates of the offer holder day to register and book my place?

Hi @mxlaika1,

Thanks for your questions. For our MPAS (Hons) Physician Associate Studies course, all students will have two attempts at any assessment - this is a first attempt and a resit which is capped at 50%. Students need to pass all assessments within each module to pass the module and all modules to pass the year. If an assessment is failed twice the recommendation at the exam board is usually withdrawal. However all students will have the option to appeal if they wish to.*

Our offer holder days for next year will take place between February - May 2024. This event is for applicants who have received an offer holder day invitation through email and/or post with details about how to book a place, I would recommend if you received this invite to book as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.
Sarah
Reply 4
Hey I have, what about u
Reply 5
Original post by he110!0000
Hey I have, what about u
I have too. If your okay to answer, what did you put for your other options for ucas? And are you a home student?
Im unsure if i will attend the offer
Reply 6
Hey I have, what about u
Im unsure if i will attend the offer holder day as waiting for other decisions
Reply 7
I have too. If your okay to answer, what did you put for your other options for ucas? And are you a home student?
Im unsure if i will attend the offer
Yeah I’m. Home student, I put reading for PA and other three for medicine but I might firm UCLan PA, are y a home student
Reply 8
Yeah I’m. Home student, I put reading for PA and other three for medicine but I might firm UCLan PA, are y a home student
Yes i am a home student
Reply 9
Yes i am a home student
What else did u apply to and what are u planning on firming
Reply 10
What else did u apply to and what are u planning on firming
I applied for med for my other 4 options! Hopefully if things go well, ill be firming medicine. How about you?
I applied for med for my other 4 options! Hopefully if things go well, ill be firming medicine. How about you?
Most likely will firm PA due to the bad working conditions of a doctor right now
Hey I have, what about u
Hey @he110!0000,

It's great to see that you've been invited to one of our Offer Holder days, these days are a great opportunity for you to come and see what studying at UCLan is like. During the day you will attend a course taster session, have the chance to meet your tutors and also chat to other offer holders.

If you have any questions about the Offer Holder Day or anything else, do let me know. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hey @he110!0000,

It's great to see that you've been invited to one of our Offer Holder days, these days are a great opportunity for you to come and see what studying at UCLan is like. During the day you will attend a course taster session, have the chance to meet your tutors and also chat to other offer holders.

If you have any questions about the Offer Holder Day or anything else, do let me know. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Do we get taken around campus and faculties by members of the uni or do we go by ourselves, im not too sure how offer holder days work and will I have the opportunity to view accommodation?
Reply 14
Do we get taken around campus and faculties by members of the uni or do we go by ourselves, im not too sure how offer holder days work and will I have the opportunity to view accommodation?
Hi i was wondering did you apply to UCLAN for Med by any chance
Hi i was wondering did you apply to UCLAN for Med by any chance

Applied for undergrad PA course at UCLan
Hi @he110!0000,

Apologies for my late response to your question here. During an offer holder day after your subject sessions, if you're at our Preston campus you can head over to the Student Centre where our wonderful student ambassadors will be ready to take you on a campus tour. This will include a visit to see a range of our accommodation options.

If you'd like to learn more about what happens at an offer holder day, you can do so here.

Of course if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 😊

All the best and we hope to welcome you onto campus soon!
^Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending