The Student Room Group

What is it like to have siblings?

I am 15 and an only child and everyone I know has siblings. What is it like to have siblings?
I want to know too, I'm an only child 😅
Reply 2
its annoying, siblings are constantly on your ear, their no piece. Also, parents always support the younger one more, they can get away with murder.
I don't have them.
Much less peaceful than not having siblings, I can assure you.

(I'm an only child, but I have four kids.)
Well siblings are very annoying but I would give my life for them. It's weird. I read somewhere that said, "I'd give them a kidney but you aren't borrowing my charger (or any of my stuff)". And I think it is the perfect description.
Really depends on how you are raised and the age difference. My sister and I have a 2-year age difference while our oldest half-sister is a 5+ age difference so the sense of responsibility is different. we joke about how the youngest sometimes calls me mum and how similar and opposite we are. Overall its fun for me because we all have similar personalities and views but most of all it has taught me to share and empathise with others
I have never got on with my brother - we have nothing in common. When younger we would fight a lot - now as adults we completely ignore each other.
It really depends on the age gaps and the personalities and like anything, there are pro's and con's. I'm always compared to my older siblings in a negative way, and I have nothing in common with them so we don't really spend any time together. I don't see myself as close to them which sucks, because I'd love to have strong relationships with my siblings but our personalities are just too different. They're not interested in anything that I'm interested in, and we have really different views and opinions on things in life. Still, I'm really glad I'm not an only child. It's nice to have company, even if it's not as much as I'd like
Annoying for a lot of reasons 😭 but I'd consider my my little sister one of my best friends and my therapist (only sometimes when she's not on my nerves)
Original post by Anonymous
I am 15 and an only child and everyone I know has siblings. What is it like to have siblings?

I am too 15 and have a younger sister.

good: they care about you despite anything you do to them (within reason, like, don't chop off their limb), they can brighten your day easily, will always be there for you.

bad: can be the cause of your problem, sometimes you want to kill them, they can be annoying af, drive you insane, can destroy your day.

But regardless of anything, I would lie down my life for them without thinking twice.
Imagine having a nemesis, like batman and the joker, superman and lex luthor, etc. Now imagine you have to share the backseat of the car with them for the first ~16 years of your life.

That's what it's like having a sibling.
Beautifully said.
Original post by artful_lounger
Imagine having a nemesis, like batman and the joker, superman and lex luthor, etc. Now imagine you have to share the backseat of the car with them for the first ~16 years of your life.

That's what it's like having a sibling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending