The Student Room Group

Student finance wrong course

Hi everyone,
Hopefully someone else has been in my situation and can help with some advice.
I have started University this year 22/23 and have started Year 1.
But the problem is when I applied for Student Finance I have selected the course I am doing but with foundation year.
So have been granted my tuition fee and maintenance loan for year 0.
I have rang SFE and been advised that since my course has already started,that only my university can update that information for me,that I am actually in year 1 not 0 and it would take 11 working days to process.
No I've contacted my university and they said something in the lines of them changing it to the correct course but it would take 28 working days and that they can only change it after the first 2 week milestone( were I need to attend courses for the first two weeks so they can confirm my registration and enrolment).
I no longer understand a thing,what am I supposed to do in this case as I was hoping to get that maintenance loan as soon as possible since I study in London and have to travel 200 miles to go and come back home from London and not currently working at the moment.
Maybe someone was in my situation and can advise??
Thank you
Your university should sort this out. Wait until you pass the 2 weeks mark and then go in to speak to student records/registry to make sure they’ve submitted the change correctly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending