The Student Room Group

Oxford BCL applicants 2023-2024

Hi, anyone here intending to apply for the Oxford BCL?
Original post by paul2t

Oxford 1+1 MBA and BCL at the end of the decade!!! :biggrin:
Original post by paul2t

Hi, I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago!
Original post by chuckymeg

Which college? :smile:
Reply 4

Original post by thegeek888
Oxford 1+1 MBA and BCL at the end of the decade!!! :biggrin:

Nice. Are you both still studying or graduates? Good luck
Reply 5
How did you both know your essay was good enough for submission?
Original post by thegeek888
Which college? :smile:

Lincoln! Wbu? 😊
Original post by paul2t
Nice. Are you both still studying or graduates? Good luck

Recent graduate, I graduated last July. Wbu? Thank you, best of luck to you too! Have you applied for the Cambridge LLM?
Original post by paul2t
How did you both know your essay was good enough for submission?

I sent a copy to one of my lecturers (who also studied the BCL) and he said it was good enough for application, so who knows?

Can I ask, what are your academics like? Did you study at a RG university and where did you rank in your cohort?
Reply 9
Recent graduate, I graduated last July. Wbu? Thank you, best of luck to you too! Have you applied for the Cambridge LLM?

Just the Oxford BCL, I'm also applying for the Bar Course and scholarships in case. I'm in my third year at a RG, ranked 1st in my cohort in second year and 5th in my first year. What about your academics?

What topic was your essay?
Original post by paul2t
Just the Oxford BCL, I'm also applying for the Bar Course and scholarships in case. I'm in my third year at a RG, ranked 1st in my cohort in second year and 5th in my first year. What about your academics?

What topic was your essay?

Nice! Which Inn have you applied to? I studied at a non-RG university but graduated first in my cohort.

I submitted an extract of my essay on whether prostitution should be criminalised (with reference to Kant and Hume's moral legal theories). What about you?
Reply 11
Nice! Which Inn have you applied to? I studied at a non-RG university but graduated first in my cohort.

I submitted an extract of my essay on whether prostitution should be criminalised (with reference to Kant and Hume's moral legal theories). What about you?

Lincoln's! Are you also applying for scholarships?

Don't worry about your uni, I've heard Oxford don't really care about your university, and graduating first is an incredible achievement, I hope you're proud!

I'll be submitting an extract on whether medical malpractice ought to be regulated by the criminal law - it was all ethics, but I'm hoping that's okay!
Original post by paul2t
Lincoln's! Are you also applying for scholarships?

Don't worry about your uni, I've heard Oxford don't really care about your university, and graduating first is an incredible achievement, I hope you're proud!

I'll be submitting an extract on whether medical malpractice ought to be regulated by the criminal law - it was all ethics, but I'm hoping that's okay!

Sorry! I must have missed your message. :frown: No, I'm not applying for BTC scholarships/funding this year (as I'll be doing the LLM/BCL next year) but I will apply next November for the following year.

Thanks so much. I know the competition is fierce so I'm not holding out too much hope lol.

Your topic sounds great - fingers crossed you get an offer early next year!
Have any of you received BCL offers for 2023-24 yet?
Original post by andtototoo
Have any of you received BCL offers for 2023-24 yet?

Yep, I received my BCL offer yesterday.
Hi guys, received my offer on Friday. Good luck all!
Reply 16
Original post by megster1
Hi guys, received my offer on Friday. Good luck all!

Hi, congratulations on getting in! Would you mind answering a few questions I have?
Reply 17
Original post by BishStoleMyName
Yep, I received my BCL offer yesterday.

Hi, congratulations on getting in! Would you mind answering a few questions I have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending