The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Anyone applying for 2023? (UEA)

This might be too early, I'll make another post at some point later on if so, but just wondering if anyone has already decided to apply to UEA for next year?
I'm 90% set on it, so talking to some people also considering it would be great. For reference, I'm applying for computer science (with a foundation year).

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This might be too early, I'll make another post at some point later on if so, but just wondering if anyone has already decided to apply to UEA for next year?
I'm 90% set on it, so talking to some people also considering it would be great. For reference, I'm applying for computer science (with a foundation year).

Hi there!

It's great that you're already thinking about applying to UEA, definitely shows a lot of initiative!! I love how everything is on campus and how green it is! Do you have any specific questions about Uni life or UEA in general? I'd be more than happy to answer any you may have :smile:

Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Just applied for film! Waiting to hear back.
Original post by SDC843

Hey @SDC843 :smile:

That's so exciting!! Have you had the chance to visit our wonderfully green campus yet? If not we have an Open Day this Saturday (22nd October 2022) if you're interested in checking out the campus or even Norwich city. I'd recommend going to The Sainsburys Centre for some lunch on campus or exploring the Norwich Markets and seeing all the food stalls they have to offer!

You can register for the open day here!

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm always happy to help!

Never too early! I think it was about this time of year (if not earlier) that I applied the year I started :h: best of luck with your applications!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies
Original post by SDC843

Ah, amazing! Good luck :h: I'm currently on the Film and Television Studies degree programme, so if you have any questions at all feel free to let me know!

Hey!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
I am in my third year at University studying Economics with a year abroad :smile:
Feel free to ask anything
UEA Rep Lucy
I've applied for Liberal Arts!
Original post by ryanantony04

Hey @ryanantony04!

How wonderful 🥳 We're so glad you love the University just as much as us, it definitely feels like home! Have you had the chance to check out the campus yet? If not, we have an Open Day on Saturday 22nd October where you can see the vast green spaces (did you know that UEA has more trees to students...) and get a feel of our community vibe!

If you're interested you can register here!

Let me know if you have any questions about UEA or Norwich!
Original post by SDC843

I've gotta apply still, just waiting for my references to be written!! Best of luck to you.
I think waiting for a response is going to be nerve wracking for me lol.
Original post by ryanantony04

Liberal Arts seems like such an interesting degree. Good luck!!
I've gotta apply still, just waiting for my references to be written!! Best of luck to you.

Hey there :smile:

I remember 4 years ago waiting to hear back from all of my Unis but once I got my offers I was overwhelmed with all my options because at that point the power is all yours!! The wait is absolutely worth it, especially for UEA :smile:

Good luck with your application!

Best of luck :smile:
If you have any questions about UEA, we are here to help!
UEA Rep Lucy
Hey, I'm applying for geography (BSc) for 2023 start which has entry requirements of ABB but my predicted grades are ABC 😬 was just wondering if theres still a chance UEA would give me an offer if for example I have a strong personal statement? I've been working much harder this year so far so I'm sure I could achieve ABB by the time of exams.Any advice would be really appreciated! 😊
Original post by Maxds05
Hey, I'm applying for geography (BSc) for 2023 start which has entry requirements of ABB but my predicted grades are ABC 😬 was just wondering if theres still a chance UEA would give me an offer if for example I have a strong personal statement? I've been working much harder this year so far so I'm sure I could achieve ABB by the time of exams.Any advice would be really appreciated! 😊

Hey @Maxds05 :smile:

Thanks for your question! We get asked whether people will get in with certain grades a lot, but unfortunately we don’t have a direct answer for this as each year and situation is different and not up to us to say. My advice would be to still apply to the Uni (especially if you love it which I don’t blame you for!), especially since you're so close to achieving the grades! But also potentially speak to an advisor or trusted teacher at school to ensure you’re giving yourself plenty of options too.

I remember applying to my Unis and each time I got an offer back it was such a relief, especially for the ones I really loved! In fact, I actually got into UEA through clearing because I didn’t get the grades for my top 2 choices, and although initially disheartened, I’m really glad I did end up going here because it's truly the Home of the Wonderful! So if you don’t get into your top Uni don’t stress too much as Uni is what you make of it and I'm sure you'll have the best time :smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Isabella (Msc Brand Leadership)

I applied 5 days ago to Speech and Language therapy !
Original post by Maxds05

I'm in a similar position - my entry reqs are also ABB. But I have the predicted grades of AAC - and I still applied just in case! Good luck, I applied for a BSc in Speech and Language Therapy :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by JJrevises
I applied 5 days ago to Speech and Language therapy !

Hello @JJrevises :h:

Wishing you lots of luck with your application to study with us! If you have any questions about UEA or being a student in Norwich at all, please feel free to give one of us a shout!

Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Danielle
Hello @JJrevises :h:

Wishing you lots of luck with your application to study with us! If you have any questions aboutHi UEA or being a student in Norwich at all, please feel free to give one of us a shout!

Hi. I got an email from UEA saying my application has been put on hold.... does this mean I'm in the 'maybe' pile?
Original post by JJrevises
I'm in a similar position - my entry reqs are also ABB. But I have the predicted grades of AAC - and I still applied just in case! Good luck, I applied for a BSc in Speech and Language Therapy :smile:

Pretty sure AAC is the same in ucas points as ABB (both 128) so I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck tho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending