The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton 2023 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ijamoa
I also applied to Southampton for Occupational Therapy, hoping to able to connect with a current student.
Are interviews still virtual?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, have Physiotherapy interviews started yet?
I am home student and applied before 15th October, but haven't heard anything yet. In Physiotherapy 2023 UCAS thread I saw an international students got an interview offer from Southampton last week. It made me worried.

Hi both,

Unfortunatley I am unsure of the current admissiosn processes in place and the timeline that they're working on this year, however if I can find out I will let you both know :smile:

Of course if you have any questions about occupational therapy, and the course or University of Southampton and the city in general I'd be happy to answer them! I can also try my best to answer questions about wider health sciences :smile:

Katie
MSc Occupational Therapy student and University of Southampton student rep
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Calioth
Has anyone received an offer for H490 (Astronautics and Aeronautics/ Aerodynamics) ?

No, when did you apply?
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi both,

Unfortunatley I am unsure of the current admissiosn processes in place and the timeline that they're working on this year, however if I can find out I will let you both know :smile:

Of course if you have any questions about occupational therapy, and the course or University of Southampton and the city in general I'd be happy to answer them! I can also try my best to answer questions about wider health sciences :smile:

Katie

Hi, I’ve applied for physiotherapy and just received an email for a selection day invite. However, it didn’t show any dates when I clicked to book. I have emailed the contact given on that page but I was wondering when I could expect a reply from them. I only sent it just over an hour ago after some attempts opening the invite on different devices with no luck.
I was also wondering whether it would be worth calling the number tomorrow during their opening hours given that Southampton is my first choice so I want to do everything I can to ensure that I get an interview to show what I’m capable of.
Original post by Feeb_05
Hi, I’ve applied for physiotherapy and just received an email for a selection day invite. However, it didn’t show any dates when I clicked to book. I have emailed the contact given on that page but I was wondering when I could expect a reply from them. I only sent it just over an hour ago after some attempts opening the invite on different devices with no luck.
I was also wondering whether it would be worth calling the number tomorrow during their opening hours given that Southampton is my first choice so I want to do everything I can to ensure that I get an interview to show what I’m capable of.

They came through this morning. I have booked it and am very excited.
Original post by hera5
No, when did you apply?

14th October
Reply 65
Original post by Calioth
14th October

17th here, predicted grades 3A* and 1A, what about you? I thought they were supposed to reply within 6 weeks.
Original post by hera5
17th here, predicted grades 3A* and 1A, what about you? I thought they were supposed to reply within 6 weeks.

I’m an international student but my predicted grades for my local exam should be equivalent to 5 A* in a levels
I got an offer for BSc Computer Science today (AAA as I did EPQ)
got an offer for econ and management today too!!
Original post by juicygcse

got an offer for econ and management today too!!
Hi both,

Katie

Hi, https://www.southampton.ac.uk/courses/how-to-apply/undergraduate-applications.page. Here says 'We aim to process your application within two to six weeks', It is 7 weeks now, and I have not heard anything yet, it makes me more worried. Any contact number or email I could ask please? Thanks.
Hi there,

Of course I can provide you some infomation about the city! Southampton is a port city on the South East coast of England. Southampton is quite a big city and includes two universities (University of Southampton and Solent University), this makes it quite a lively city to be in.

In terms of facilities, Southampton has West Quay which is a large shopping centre, it also contains lots of food outlets and restaurants as well as a big cinema (with reclining chairs!) and bowling. Outside West Quay they often have different activities going on - currently there is an ice rink but they also often have a big screen for watching sports, a bar in the summer and roller disco. Southampton has a few live music venues, the biggest one being Southampton Guildhall. Southampton is also home to Saint Mary's stadium, the stadium that Southampton FC play at. Around the city there is lots of clubs and bars, some of these are in the city centre and there are also some in Portswood (a popular student area for University of Southampton students). Another popular place for Southampton resdidents and students is Southampton Common which is a lovely large open green space.

As a city we are really well connected, you can get trains direct to lots of places. Closeby we have Bournemouth (a lovely seaside town), Portsmouth (lots of shopping including the designer outlet, Gunwharf Quays), the New Forest (a large national park, famous for it's horses and new forest donkeys) and London is just 1 hour 20 minutes away on the train.

If you are in halls of residence in University of Southampton in your first year you get a free bus pass - this is an amazing way to explore around the city, including taking you down to the city centre and to the train station so you can explore other parts of the UK too.

In terms of my course I've really enjoyed it - whilst it's been tough at times its also so rewarding and I'm excited to qualify soon!

I hope I haven't forgotten any main points, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Katie
2nd year MSc Occupational Therapy student
University of Southampton student rep

thank you so much for your info !!! I have applied to Southampton, wish me luck :smile:
Hi, https://www.southampton.ac.uk/courses/how-to-apply/undergraduate-applications.page. Here says 'We aim to process your application within two to six weeks', It is 7 weeks now, and I have not heard anything yet, it makes me more worried. Any contact number or email I could ask please? Thanks.

Did you get any form of email acknowledging your application? If so, then they have received your application and are working through it. No news is good news as they say - the fact they have not rejected you implies you likely meet their standard offer and they will now need to consider the volume of applications and the quality of other applicants before deciding whether to give you an offer or not. If you are applying through UCAS, you can check on your 2023 application to see if any updates have occurred or whether your application is still being processed by Southampton to assure yourself you have not been rejected.
I applied for electrical & electronic engineering last Wednesday, but haven't received any offer yet. predicted 3 A* in maths, further maths and physics, with achieved A in Chinese. Want to ask how long does Southampton normally take to give an offer (in engineering)? thank you.
Original post by Feeb_05
They came through this morning. I have booked it and am very excited.

Hi @Feeb_05

I'm so glad you got it all sorted, best of luck with the selection day!

Katie
Original post by hera5

Hi both,

They do aim to process the applications within six weeks but this time period is often very busy so it may take longer. I know this can be a really anxiety provoking time and I appreciate it's horrible waiting but they will respond to you when they can!!

Wishing you the best of luck with your applications and I hope the wait isn't too much longer for you.

Katie
University of Southampton student rep :smile:
thank you so much for your info !!! I have applied to Southampton, wish me luck :smile:

Best of luck!! Fingers crossed for you :smile:

Katie
I also got an offer for Computer Science on 1st December :smile: I believe you asked about the CS A-level earlier in the thread, I take Maths, CS, Psychology and AS Further Maths (predicted A*A*A*A). I would say the computer science A-level is good for the project if you picked something useful and didn’t try to copy someone else’s work, I learnt a lot about pathfinding and graphs through my NEA project. The content isn’t great overall, only some important things are covered like Big-O notation but it’s very brief and not explained in detail, you won’t have missed out on much if you do self study on like MIT’s YouTube playlist or other stuff like that.
Hi, I've applied for medicine. I take biology, chemistry and psychology at the moment. I haven't heard anything back from the uni yet though. Good luck to everyone applying!!
Original post by Mycer18
I also got an offer for Computer Science on 1st December :smile: I believe you asked about the CS A-level earlier in the thread, I take Maths, CS, Psychology and AS Further Maths (predicted A*A*A*A). I would say the computer science A-level is good for the project if you picked something useful and didn’t try to copy someone else’s work, I learnt a lot about pathfinding and graphs through my NEA project. The content isn’t great overall, only some important things are covered like Big-O notation but it’s very brief and not explained in detail, you won’t have missed out on much if you do self study on like MIT’s YouTube playlist or other stuff like that.

When did you apply?
Original post by juicygcse

When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending