On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton 2023 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by randomperson321
When did you apply?

6 November submitted to UCAS, received by Southampton 7 November, offer on 30 November

predicted grades A*A*A*A* in maths, further maths, history, economics. Achieved A* in EPQ
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by randomperson321
When did you apply?

I applied in the middle of November, unfortunately I don’t remember the date 😂
Original post by Mycer18
I applied in the middle of November, unfortunately I don’t remember the date 😂

no worries, congrats anyway !!
Any chemistry with medicinal sciences applications here? Has anyone received offers yet for this subject? I am curious how competitive is this course in general? My daughter has applied last week (30/11).
have they? have had answers from Surrey and Bristol but I'm yet to hear from Portsmouth and soton!
what’s the night life like. and how would you compare living there to London.
Reply 86
Just received an offer today from Southampton for their Cardiac Physiology course following my interview with them :smile:. They gave me an offer for ABB or BBB + an A in EPQ. Massively excited that UCAS track email was so scary!!

Here are my stats -
Predicted A Levels : A* in Psychology, A in Biology, A in Chemistry, A in EPQ
GCSEs - 88888777D*D*D

dates about my application -
Applied : 1st of November
Offered an interview - 10th of November
Interview date - 23rd of November
Offer given - 7th of December
Reply 87
Has anyone received an offer for audiology bsc, from Southampton? They haven’t got back to me yet
Original post by scinta
Hello! Just got an offer from Southampton today for Politics and Modern History. I am studying Eng Lit, History, and Politics A level right now and predicted A*, A* , A. I applied on the 4th of Nov and got an offer today (the 16th) !

Hi!

Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

I am a third year Modern History and Politics student here at Southampton and did very similar A levels to you (English Lit, History and Sociology)! Do you have a favourite subject area you want to explore more at uni? Or something new you have never been able to study before?

If you have any questions about the course, Southampton or anything else, feel free to ask!

Chloë :smile:
3rd Year Modern History and Politics Student
congrats on your offer!
Reply 90
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi!

Congratulations on your offer! :smile:

I am a third year Modern History and Politics student here at Southampton and did very similar A levels to you (English Lit, History and Sociology)! Do you have a favourite subject area you want to explore more at uni? Or something new you have never been able to study before?

If you have any questions about the course, Southampton or anything else, feel free to ask!

Chloë :smile:
3rd Year Modern History and Politics Student

Hi and thank you so much for your reply!

I hope you're enjoying uni life and the course! it's pretty rare to find someone who chose the same subject as me! I am very interested in social history ( suffragettes and women's rights, Atlantic slave trade, history of marginalized groups, any historical events or movements that links to equality really) or global history especially of Asia and America. For politics, I also really like the social side of it (less of the economic side) :colondollar: I take interest in intersectionality so really, any politics around the globe with an emphasis on social justice and human rights. I am excited to learn about crime and punishment and radical England literature in the past ( I love English literature itself as a subject but not as an A level or a degree) . What are your favorite modules so far in your course and what are the things you like about Southampton (the uni or the city)? This is obviously a generalization and probably not true but I've heard some of my friends say the city itself is quite boring, would you like to debunk this? Sorry for the bombardment of questions haha and thank you so much! I am certain I will go to the offer holders open day in February so hopefully I will get to meet you in person:smile:
Reply 91
Original post by anraj_
do you do ib? Me too! And I’ve applied for biomed :smile:

Yeahh i do IB! What subjects do you take?
I took my A levels in summer 2022 and achieved A* A B in three essay subjects. During my gap year I have changed my mind about my course and the uni I have originally chosen and I am now strongly thinking about rejecting the place I hold and opting for Law at Southampton as even though their requirements are AAA they have reassured me that they will accept my grades. I don't have any physical explicit law shadowing experience but during my gap year have worked for the civil service in an administrative role, have done further reading around and have other work experience relating to human rights and international development which could be relevant. I was also head of our student union and amnesty international alongside head girl. The offer I currently hold is for English at Bristol. Is this worth a gamble?
Original post by CrazyCatLady222
what’s the night life like. and how would you compare living there to London.

Hi there, thanks for your question!

The nightlife in Southampton is pretty packed considering the fact it is quite a small city! There are several clubs and plenty of pubs and bars where lots of societies hold socials. The clubs are very lively at the weekend, and there are also student nights on every day of the week in various venues, so there is always somewhere to go. There's also a club and bar on campus, and you can get the safety bus back to your accommodation for free from campus :biggrin:

I've never lived in London, but from visiting a few times I've found going out in Southampton to be a lot easier (and cheaper)! Southampton is very easy to get around, with it only taking an hour and 15 mins (ish) to walk from one end to the other. I've never had any issue finding an uber, and the buses are very frequent and usually run until quite late. There are also lots of cycle lanes and places to lock your bike when in town. Most things to do are in the city centre which is really modern, open and lively, so it's a really nice city to be in. My favourite thing is the amount of green space we have here - there's a park round every corner!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let us know! :smile:

Finola (3rd Year Biology and Marine Biology)
Original post by yagv
Has anyone received an offer for audiology bsc, from Southampton? They haven’t got back to me yet

Hi again, I just received an interview for Southampton! Hope they reply to you soon :smile:
I'm applying for two courses, Biomedical science and Biology.

Currently study Biology, Physics, Business and EPQ predicted A*A*A A

Loved the campus and course when I visited, fingers crossed for an offer !
Original post by anraj_
do you do ib? Me too! And I’ve applied for biomed :smile:

I also applied to Biomed ! Have you received an offer yet ?
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for electrical & electronic engineering last Wednesday, but haven't received any offer yet. predicted 3 A* in maths, further maths and physics, with achieved A in Chinese. Want to ask how long does Southampton normally take to give an offer (in engineering)? thank you.

I got an offer for electrical and electronic engineering on the 3rd of November. Predicted 3A*s in maths further maths and physics
Reply 98
Original post by Finn0805
I also applied to Biomed ! Have you received an offer yet ?

Same here! Just applied for Biomed a week ago!
Original post by edna.l
Same here! Just applied for Biomed a week ago!

Awesome, I'm really hoping for an offer as it's definitely my favourite choice of my 5. I suspect it's quite competitive though so will have to wait and see! Good luck to you too
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending