The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XVII

Scroll to see replies

TAA!!!
Reply 21
Lovely little free kick.

First viewing looks like the keeper ****ed up.
Reply 22
mr tim missed a goal!!

Surprised Thiago is still on the pitch, expecting an injury during the Arsenal match at some point.
(edited 1 year ago)
Solid performance and we created a bunch of chances. I had expected Klopp to rotate but I guess the team is in a funk so we need some rhythm and momentum even if it costs us injuries later.
Reply 24
Nunez looks like he is just off catching fire. I am reminded of Suarez when we first signed him, in that he is all action and is just about not hitting the target.

The comparisons have become nonsensical but Nunez and Haaland and almost polar opposite number 9’s. Haaland is all minimal expenditure of energy, with everything focussed on the goal/assist. Nunez on the other hand is all action but doesn’t seem to be able to calm himself down when he gets in front of goal, a lot of shots hit straight at the keeper.
Original post by Mess.
Nunez looks like he is just off catching fire. I am reminded of Suarez when we first signed him, in that he is all action and is just about not hitting the target.

The comparisons have become nonsensical but Nunez and Haaland and almost polar opposite number 9’s. Haaland is all minimal expenditure of energy, with everything focussed on the goal/assist. Nunez on the other hand is all action but doesn’t seem to be able to calm himself down when he gets in front of goal, a lot of shots hit straight at the keeper.

No point in comparing Nunez with Haaland, who is on another level.

I think between the team struggling and most of our signings in recent years hitting the ground running pretty quickly + Nunez's fee means there was a lot more expectation on him to be great from day 1.
Original post by Mess.

I enjoyed his performance yesterday, great movement and his touch was so much better, bit unlucky with prime Buffon in goal with a couple of the finishes but hopefully the composure in front of goal will improve more as he settles.
Reply 27
Original post by Mess.

So should I put Nunez in my fantasy football team or not?

I've been using your favourite striker Firmino tactically because he's been getting a nice haul for me but I want to switch to Nunez at some point.

Will Klopp start him Vs arsenal or not?

I can see Klopp doing 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind Nunez potentially.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bj27
So should I put Nunez in my fantasy football team or not?

I've been using your favourite striker Firmino tactically because he's been getting a nice haul for me but I want to switch to Nunez at some point.

Will Klopp start him Vs arsenal or not?

I can see Klopp doing 4-2-3-1 with Firmino behind Nunez potentially.

With Jota’s record against Arsenal I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts for either of those two.
Reply 29
Original post by Mushi_master
With Jota’s record against Arsenal I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts for either of those two.

Oh yeah forgot he owns the club. I'm putting him in.
(edited 1 year ago)
A bit too soon to be putting in Nunez in your fpl imo, probably should wait until he is fully settled.
Reply 31
Original post by samir12
A bit too soon to be putting in Nunez in your fpl imo, probably should wait until he is fully settled.

Yeah but I wanna get him before the price rise. I don't like Klopps rotation, very **** for FPL but you get a lot of goals anyway. but I have a feeling you're going to pump arsenal on the weekend. Your midfielders are back so I'd expect you guys to not play like ****.
Original post by bj27
Yeah but I wanna get him before the price rise. I don't like Klopps rotation, very **** for FPL but you get a lot of goals anyway. but I have a feeling you're going to pump arsenal on the weekend. Your midfielders are back so I'd expect you guys to not play like ****.

Yh must be a nightmare having Liverpool or City forwards for your fpl team. It wasn't a PL game but Pep took Haaland off at half time yesterday before he could get his hatrick, that is something that could trigger fpl players who triple captain Halaand.
Arthur requires surgery and is out for 3-4 months.
Reply 34
Original post by mr tim

:rofl:

This up there with Arsenal buying Kim Kallstrom
when he had a broken back.
Honestly believe we will lose tomorrow.

Losing Mane is a big blow but can see Firmino nicking a 0-1. We are not clinical at all and Firmino always has at least one big chance against us. In fact, I'd put money on Firmino scoring. There's always one defensive lapse in concentration from Gabriel and Firmino is a guy that is so quick with his interplay in the box.

Nunez I think would get nullified.
Original post by Tom.Ford
Honestly believe we will lose tomorrow.

Losing Mane is a big blow but can see Firmino nicking a 0-1. We are not clinical at all and Firmino always has at least one big chance against us. In fact, I'd put money on Firmino scoring. There's always one defensive lapse in concentration from Gabriel and Firmino is a guy that is so quick with his interplay in the box.

Nunez I think would get nullified.

Tomorrow will be the most competitive Liverpool Arsenal game since 2016 which ended up being a 3-3 draw on December 23 I believe.

It’ll most likely end up being a draw. I’m not too sure how well players are playing but I think Arsenal’s inexperience might play a factor like against Man United. I think Liverpool will win 1-0 through a Salah goal..

It’s exciting times with Arsenal and Man City next - back to back 4:30 kick offs!

Original post by mr tim

What’s happening with Curtis Jones ?
Reply 37
Original post by Mess.
:rofl:

This up there with Arsenal buying Kim Kallstrom
when he had a broken back.

Lmao. Meanwhile Zakaria not even in the squad today Vs the worst team in the league at the moment. We're playing chukwuemeka over him lmao.
Original post by bj27
Lmao. Meanwhile Zakaria not even in the squad today Vs the worst team in the league at the moment. We're playing chukwuemeka over him lmao.

Zakaria has basically ruined his career by going to Juve. He was never going to get games at Chelsea, isn't good enough. Would have had a nice middling career in the Bundesliga or a bottom half PL team.
Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Diaz, Nunez.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Phillips, Konate, Fabinho, Milner, Elliott, Carvalho, Firmino
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest