The Student Room Group

Eating a pot noodle vs skipping a meal? Nutritional value of pot noodle?

This is a one off thing like maybe once every month and not regular at all.

Is it healthier to eat a pot noodle on a day when your slightly too busy to cook and no food in the fridge (which obviously you wanna avoid but it happens sometimes).

Or is it healthier to skip a meal if your trying to loose weight anyway?

Are there any vitamin and nutitional value of pot noodle? Or if its just empty carbs and nothing healthy then theres no point eating except to remove the hungry feeling.

I dont mind the hungry feeling personally but i wanna consider nutrients.
If that’s your only food option there’s no such thing as ‘empty carbs’, carbs are so important and food is fuel. Your body needs food to function so yes a pot noodle is far better for you than skipping a meal.
Original post by Torrential1
This is a one off thing like maybe once every month and not regular at all.

Is it healthier to eat a pot noodle on a day when your slightly too busy to cook and no food in the fridge (which obviously you wanna avoid but it happens sometimes).

Or is it healthier to skip a meal if your trying to loose weight anyway?

Are there any vitamin and nutitional value of pot noodle? Or if its just empty carbs and nothing healthy then theres no point eating except to remove the hungry feeling.

I dont mind the hungry feeling personally but i wanna consider nutrients.

A pot noodle has the same nutritional benefits as eating a turd, but if you're only going eat them once a month or so, it's going to be absolutely fine. I really wouldn't make them a habit though.
Original post by ALEreapp
If that’s your only food option there’s no such thing as ‘empty carbs’, carbs are so important and food is fuel. Your body needs food to function so yes a pot noodle is far better for you than skipping a meal.

your body can also just use that mountain of fat to run instead of carbs you ate recently.
Original post by Torrential1
your body can also just use that mountain of fat to run instead of carbs you ate recently.

Most people forget that your body doesn’t just breakdown fat when fasting. It will also breakdown muscle for the glycogen that can be converted to glucose. Body fat is made of fatty acids and they cannot be converted to glucose. I personally keep my body at quite a low fat percentage and work out regularly so would much rather eat something rather than nothing :smile:

Latest