The Student Room Group

Official Solicitor Apprenticeships 2023

Since there are nothing on this rn, who's applying to these and with what firms?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Llawyer123
Since there are nothing on this rn, who's applying to these and with what firms?

I'm only applying to one and that's at Charles Russell Speechlys.
Original post by Iosifina05
I'm only applying to one and that's at Charles Russell Speechlys.

Oh ok. How come you're not applying to any others? Surely you'd have a higher chance of getting a solicitor apprenticeship.
Oh ok. How come you're not applying to any others? Surely you'd have a higher chance of getting a solicitor apprenticeship.

Law is a backup really. It's not the main thing I want to do but I know that if it came to it, it's something I'd enjoy doing (I like A Level Law). I'm only applying to 1 university for law, which is because I get a massive contextual offer, (The other 4 are for the thing I want to do) and 1 degree apprenticeship.

I’ve done CMS, Mishcon, Charles Russell Speechlys and stephenson Harwood. wby?
Original post by elrt2904
I’ve done CMS, Mishcon, Charles Russell Speechlys and stephenson Harwood. wby?

I'm gonna apply for CMS soon and waiting for dla piper One to open, what stage are you at for CMS?
I'm gonna apply for CMS soon and waiting for dla piper One to open, what stage are you at for CMS?

I’ll be honest, not heard anything back from anyone. Charles Russell told me to expect a reply once the applications have closed…. which will be in Feb. so I feel i could be waiting a while.
I’ll be honest, not heard anything back from anyone. Charles Russell told me to expect a reply once the applications have closed…. which will be in Feb. so I feel i could be waiting a while.

Oh ok, well we can help each other out when the time comes, dm me if you need

Has anyone applied for Ashurst on here ?
What firms are people looking at? I've heard getting an apprenticeship is really competitive so I want to apply to loads but also don't know if I should focus on just a few.
Original post by bvncmx123
What firms are people looking at? I've heard getting an apprenticeship is really competitive so I want to apply to loads but also don't know if I should focus on just a few.

I'm only looking at dla, cms and Allen and Overy, I'd say go for a few diff firms but if you go for too many youre sacrificing quality in your applications IMO
Reply 11
Has anyone applied for Ashurst on here ?

Yeh I send my application to Ashurst just yesterday. So far I’ve done Mishcon, CMS, Stephenson hardwood and Ashurst. I’m starting Denton tomorrow.

Where have u applied so far?

How many have u applied for now.
Original post by km190
Yeh I send my application to Ashurst just yesterday. So far I’ve done Mishcon, CMS, Stephenson hardwood and Ashurst. I’m starting Denton tomorrow.

Where have u applied so far?

How many have u applied for now.

i r don’t mishcon CMS stephenson harwood and charles russell speechlys and ashurst. have you heard back from any yet?
Reply 13
i r don’t mishcon CMS stephenson harwood and charles russell speechlys and ashurst. have you heard back from any yet?

No I’m yet to have heard back. Although I do have the cognition test to do for Ashurst
Original post by km190
No I’m yet to have heard back. Although I do have the cognition test to do for Ashurst

same! how did you find it
Reply 15
same! how did you find it

Oh I haven’t done it yet, I have 7 days to do it. Have you done it? How was it?
surprisingly easy... probably failed it though lmao
I haven't started applying yet, but I've found 21 that I plan on applying to. There are 12 more that run apprenticeships for law at some point, but I don't know if they'll be doing it this year. So potentially applying to 33 law apprenticeship programmes. Tbh some of them I don't want, but I'm using them for practice. I'm also applying for finance apprenticeships like the Goldman Sachs one and the JP Morgan one.
Original post by toxicgamage56
I haven't started applying yet, but I've found 21 that I plan on applying to. There are 12 more that run apprenticeships for law at some point, but I don't know if they'll be doing it this year. So potentially applying to 33 law apprenticeship programmes. Tbh some of them I don't want, but I'm using them for practice. I'm also applying for finance apprenticeships like the Goldman Sachs one and the JP Morgan one.

have you got a list that you wouldn’t mind sharing pls?
have you got a list that you wouldn’t mind sharing pls?

I haven't got a list per se, but I have a few in mind. The ones that alr have been mentioned in this chat are: MDR, Dentons, Ashurst, Stephenson Harwood, CRS, A &O, DLA Piper, and CMS. Some others I can think I can list from the top of my head are: Pinsent Masons, Withers, NESA, Bevan Brittan, Fladgate, Simmons & Simmons. But I don't think many of these are open rn, so maybe check throughout the year. Tbh a lot of solicitor apprenticeships are run by a lot of firms, so just keep checking throughout the year. I'll let you know if I can remember more, but I know there are 33 potential ones so defo keep searching.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending