The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Official Aberystwyth University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Understandable. I was going btw physics and engineering but by doing physics I can do engineering at masters level later and get the best from both hopefully.

yes that sounds like a great idea :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
I applied and received an offer to study History starting 2023 and Aber is my firm! Anyone else here applying for history or just in general, I would love to make some friends before starting :smile:
Original post by kiminim
I applied and received an offer to study History starting 2023 and Aber is my firm! Anyone else here applying for history or just in general, I would love to make some friends before starting :smile:

Congratulations! Not a history applicant but an applicant nevertheless - hello :smile:
Hi! Just received an offer for microbiology and I'm thrilled (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
I'm currently studying biology, maths and environmental science
Original post by veryhappysnail
Hi! Just received an offer for microbiology and I'm thrilled (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
I'm currently studying biology, maths and environmental science

Congratulations! That's fantastic news! Well done :smile:
If you have any questions about anything I would be happy to answer them.

Anna
What sort of facilities are there in the physics sept? Observatory etc
Original post by Anonymous
What sort of facilities are there in the physics sept? Observatory etc

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

Here's an overview for you:
- Material Physics Laboratory
- Material Characterisation Laboratory
- Soft Matter Laboratory
- Space Instrumentation Laboratory
- Planetary Analogue Research Laboratory

You can see further details of all the laboratory on our website: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/subjects/physics/#facilities
You can also see our virtual tour of the spaces here: https://virtual-tour.aber.ac.uk/areas-of-interest/physics

Please let me know if you have any further questions at all :smile:
Anna
Thanks for all the info Anna
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Aberystwyth University for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Recently took a year out for personal reasons but already been offered a place with an unconditional offer at Aber. I'm going to be learning Astrophysics at the foundation year and looking so forward to it already. This will definitely be my firm choice after so much quick and helpful feedback with loads of links to make things easier to find.
Original post by Hellboy2476
Recently took a year out for personal reasons but already been offered a place with an unconditional offer at Aber. I'm going to be learning Astrophysics at the foundation year and looking so forward to it already. This will definitely be my firm choice after so much quick and helpful feedback with loads of links to make things easier to find.

Hi there,

It's really great to hear that you'll be joining us at Aberystwyth University! And I'm very glad to hear that you found everything quite easy :smile:
Please let me know if you have any questions about anything, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
I've applied to biology at Aberystwyth and I'm still waiting for a reply. I applied 4 months ago and I haven't had any replies since but I have had to fill out forms for my other 4 universities on UCAS. Is it normal for the replies to take this long or is it because I am an international student?
Original post by willyw0nka
I've applied to biology at Aberystwyth and I'm still waiting for a reply. I applied 4 months ago and I haven't had any replies since but I have had to fill out forms for my other 4 universities on UCAS. Is it normal for the replies to take this long or is it because I am an international student?

Normally you have to wait until 18/05/2023 to get a response. They may still be deciding on who to allow in and if they have a set amount of international students they can allow it may take slightly longer. Just hold on and wait for another month. After that, send them all an Email and explaining your concerns and wait for a response.
Original post by willyw0nka

Hi there,
It's fantastic to hear that you've applied to study at Aberystwyth! You're very welcome to check the status of your application with a member of the Admissions Team, you can get in touch by emailing [email protected]. Or because you're an international applicant you can see who the specific contact is for your country/region here and email them to ask for an update: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/international/countries/

Please let me know if you run into any issues at all or if you have any further questions :smile:
Anna
Reply 53
Just insured aber
Original post by Budz1
Just insured aber

That's great news! Please let me know if you have any questions about Aberystwyth at all, I would be happy to help.

Anna :smile:

Just had my last offers come through and I just made Aber my firm choice of education. Time for the gruelling task of filling out my student loan. 😂
Just had my last offers come through and I just made Aber my firm choice of education. Time for the gruelling task of filling out my student loan. 😂

Hi! That's wonderful to hear! We look forward to welcoming you to Aberystwyth :smile:
Student Finance isn't always fun but it is essential! We have some information on our website if you need any advice or tips at all:
https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/fees/undergrad/loans/

If you have any other questions at all please let me know, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna
I just got a conditional offer but I am kind of worried about my grades affecting this offer. It is likely for me to take the entrance exams. Is taking IB going to affect this as it says it is based off of the A level biology syllabus?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by kiminim

Hi! I‘ve firmed aber for medieval and early modern history starting 2023! (unconditional cuz i took a gap year and already have my alevel grades). It would be great to make friends!
Original post by sadmungbean
Hi! I‘ve firmed aber for medieval and early modern history starting 2023! (unconditional cuz i took a gap year and already have my alevel grades). It would be great to make friends!

Hi there, that's such fantastic news! Congratulations!
Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you at all, I would be happy to help :smile:

We look forward to welcoming you to Aberystwyth!
Anna

Quick Reply

Latest