The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Official Aberystwyth University 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sam Andreetti
Does anyone have like a group chat or something, that might be nice to make friends before uni

I've tried looking for one but the they don't have a snapchat one. There's a FaceBook page but never get any responses from any of them. It would be nice if someone would make one to actually chat before hand, rather than just a forum on this website. 😂
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by Hellboy2476
I've tried looking for one but the they don't have a snapchat one. There's a FaceBook page but never get any responses from any of them. It would be nice if someone would make one to actually chat before hand, rather than just a forum on this website. 😂

In that case , anyone who sees this and wants to be part of an applicant Snapchat group add me on Snapchat sam_andreetti
Does anyone have like a group chat or something, that might be nice to make friends before uni

No but we could always make one on wattsapp or something
Original post by Sunflower66
No but we could always make one on wattsapp or something

I'm not putting my phone number on here , do you have any social media ?
I'm not putting my phone number on here , do you have any social media ?

Snap and Instagram?
Reply 85
Has anyone else registered today for the accommodation portal. I did and was asked for a password after completing details to register but when I try to login now it just jumps to same page as if I can't login.

is this normal until I am able to apply later in the month for accommodation.

is anyone else experiencing this?

it would be good to know if same is happening to you after registering
Original post by Budz1
Has anyone else registered today for the accommodation portal. I did and was asked for a password after completing details to register but when I try to login now it just jumps to same page as if I can't login.

I just registered, had no issues. when i login it’s a page saying thanks for registering and that the application form opens on the 12th. maybe you could try resetting the password or contacting the accommodation office for help?
Original post by sadmungbean
I just registered, had no issues. when i login it’s a page saying thanks for registering and that the application form opens on the 12th. maybe you could try resetting the password or contacting the accommodation office for help?

I contacted accommodation and they confirmed they have me registered. When I tried to login again that info disappeared and it kept jumping back to login page so as long as they say I’m registered it’ll be fine - thanks for confirming
Original post by Budz1

I Registered and it has been letting me sign in. I don't know why it's happening for you? Have you tried emailing them?
Original post by Sunflower66
I Registered and it has been letting me sign in. I don't know why it's happening for you? Have you tried emailing them?

Yes I’ve emailed them again so hoping they’ll still tell me it’s ok.. are you firming or insuring?

When did u register
Reply 90
someone else had the same problem...so maybe you should all check again in case its happened to you too...
Anyone else finding same issue by logging back in and page just refreshing
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I’ve emailed them again so hoping they’ll still tell me it’s ok.. are you firming or insuring?

When did u register

Firming and I registered as soon as it opened on 29 March x
Any chats that exist for new students to meet rather than this? If not anyone want to make one?
(edited 1 year ago)
For people seeing this thread + are going to aber - we have a Snapchat gc, msg me to get it :smile: we have 45 other people :smile:
Original post by bridalchain
For people seeing this thread + are going to aber - we have a Snapchat gc, msg me to get it :smile: we have 45 other people :smile:

whats the name of the sc group? idk if I'm apart of it already or not.
Reply 96
Original post by Rebecca05
Going to Aber in September doing Physical geography! Excited and nervous at the same time!

Hiiii! I’m also doing geography! Will you be doing a year abroad with your course?
Original post by m1l
Hiiii! I’m also doing geography! Will you be doing a year abroad with your course?

I'll be doing the year in Industry in the 3rd year..... Which university are you going to?
Original post by ZoinkMan32
whats the name of the sc group? idk if I'm apart of it already or not.

don't have snapchat, do you have whatsapp
Reply 99
Original post by Rebecca05
I'll be doing the year in Industry in the 3rd year..... Which university are you going to?

Ohhhh yess cool! And I’ll be going to Aber

Quick Reply

Latest