Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Official University of Kent 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Kent for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi! I’m an international student (India) and I’ve applied for MSc. In Forensic Psychology at Kent. I just got shortlisted for an interview in the first week of April. Prepping hard for it right now and I’m really nervous about the kind of statistical questions they’re going to ask to check my proficiency. I’m really excited! Wish me luck :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by ravenpri
Hi! I’m an international student (India) and I’ve applied for MSc. In Forensic Psychology at Kent. I just got shortlisted for an interview in the first week of April. Prepping hard for it right now and I’m really nervous about the kind of statistical questions they’re going to ask to check my proficiency. I’m really excited! Wish me luck :smile:

Hi there

Congratulations on making the interview shortlist! Good luck, and hope to see you at Kent soon!

Best wishes
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep
Original post by sarahviv
I have applied for an MSc in Forensic Psychology and have yet to hear back. Really excited about Kent as it is my first choice university - fingers crossed, really hoping to get in!

Hey! Applied for same, have you heard back yet? Any interview or offer?
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Kent for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hi there,
I'm just looking at accomodation in Darwin College and wondering how much bigger the large rooms are versus the small rooms?
Any info/ help would be appreciated?
Hey! Applied for same, have you heard back yet? Any interview or offer?

Hey! I did an interview last week, however I let my nerves get the best of me in the stats portion and I'm really not feeling confident which I am super upset about. Just waiting to hear back now but unfortunately I think I know how it's going to go. How about you? Any interview or offer? I hope it goes better than mine did!
Hey! I did an interview last week, however I let my nerves get the best of me in the stats portion and I'm really not feeling confident which I am super upset about. Just waiting to hear back now but unfortunately I think I know how it's going to go. How about you? Any interview or offer? I hope it goes better than mine did!

Hey! I did an interview too last week, 3rd April to be exact. Oh no I’m so sorry to hear about that. I also got super flustered during the stats portion too LOL. Who was your interviewer? I had Sebalo he was pretty chill. I hope we both get in! Also extra info: i got in touch with their current students and one of them told me that the staff is on Easter break until 15th April. So we should sit back tight for another week. Also the current batch usually heard back about their decision after 1-2 days. That’s making me more nervous ngl. The wait’s killing me though, did you get into any other unis yet?
Hey! I did an interview too last week, 3rd April to be exact. Oh no I’m so sorry to hear about that. I also got super flustered during the stats portion too LOL. Who was your interviewer? I had Sebalo he was pretty chill. I hope we both get in! Also extra info: i got in touch with their current students and one of them told me that the staff is on Easter break until 15th April. So we should sit back tight for another week. Also the current batch usually heard back about their decision after 1-2 days. That’s making me more nervous ngl. The wait’s killing me though, did you get into any other unis yet?

Oh that’s when I did mine too! Possibly we were in the same group then! Others hearing back after a couple of days doesn’t fill me with positivity to be honest, what a shame. I guess we will wait and see! I had Ivan I think his name was, he was absolutely lovely, by far the best interview I’ve done so far. Just a shame the stats was such a let down. I’ve got offers a few unis, the only other uni I think I’ll consider is Bath but I really had my heart set on Kent. What about you, any other offers?
Oh that’s when I did mine too! Possibly we were in the same group then! Others hearing back after a couple of days doesn’t fill me with positivity to be honest, what a shame. I guess we will wait and see! I had Ivan I think his name was, he was absolutely lovely, by far the best interview I’ve done so far. Just a shame the stats was such a let down. I’ve got offers a few unis, the only other uni I think I’ll consider is Bath but I really had my heart set on Kent. What about you, any other offers?

oh hey! I think I remember you, do you have blonde hair? I got offers from BCU and QMUL, i’d only consider QMUL if I don’t get into Kent :/ it seems like the new semester starts on 7th May, but I hope that we get some news before that cause I need to start my student visa process soon ☹️ Congrats on getting accepted to Bath! I was planning to apply there but it didn’t fit my budget. Are you working/studying at the moment?
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there

Congratulations on making the interview shortlist! Good luck, and hope to see you at Kent soon!

Best wishes
Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Hi thank you!! Do you have any idea when CORE-FP faculty would start giving out offers? I’ve heard that they’re on Easter break, do you have any idea when it ends?
oh hey! I think I remember you, do you have blonde hair? I got offers from BCU and QMUL, i’d only consider QMUL if I don’t get into Kent :/ it seems like the new semester starts on 7th May, but I hope that we get some news before that cause I need to start my student visa process soon ☹️ Congrats on getting accepted to Bath! I was planning to apply there but it didn’t fit my budget. Are you working/studying at the moment?

I think I remember you! I was the brunette with two blonde strips at the front. I'm actually at BCU at the moment, I also have an offer from them but I really want to expand and go elsewhere. Congrats on your offers! I got a couple of other offers but Kent was the only one I was really considering, Bath was more of a backup. No idea where I'm going to get the deposit money from however. You're right, it's a huge financial commitment, especially as it's a two year programme. I really do have my heart set on Kent so I didn't even consider the financial element of going elsewhere :frown: I really hope we get the news soon - is it worth emailing them and explaining your situation with your Visa in case they can make a decision for you a little sooner? That must be a little stressful, I'm really hoping that works out for you.
I'm studying psychology at BCU currently with a bit of part time work, trying to get my diss done currently! What about you, are you studying here currently?
I think I remember you! I was the brunette with two blonde strips at the front. I'm actually at BCU at the moment, I also have an offer from them but I really want to expand and go elsewhere. Congrats on your offers! I got a couple of other offers but Kent was the only one I was really considering, Bath was more of a backup. No idea where I'm going to get the deposit money from however. You're right, it's a huge financial commitment, especially as it's a two year programme. I really do have my heart set on Kent so I didn't even consider the financial element of going elsewhere :frown: I really hope we get the news soon - is it worth emailing them and explaining your situation with your Visa in case they can make a decision for you a little sooner? That must be a little stressful, I'm really hoping that works out for you.
I'm studying psychology at BCU currently with a bit of part time work, trying to get my diss done currently! What about you, are you studying here currently?

Oh wow imagine the chances of us meeting here 😆 I was the one who had brown skin and black hair. Wow, you’re already studying at BCU? in case i get a rejection from Kent, do you think it’s valuable to study at BCU (in terms of site visits, placement, faculty)? BCU does seem like an option because if I do a PsyD, UoB and Nottingham Trent have amazing PsyD programs. It’d be economical to reside in Birmingham. And Kent really did form a huge impression for us, with a whole half hour presentation and getting to meet some professors. I honestly haven’t heard of another university who’s doing this. They really blew my mind with the great amount of practical value the course has compared to others. I think I’ll wait for another week before I email them about the whole visa thing, the faster I apply the better! QMUL got back to me after 2 and 1/2 weeks so I’m going to wait a bit longer. Omg you must be under a lot of pressure right now, good luck with the diss! I’m in luck because I took a gap year. Most Indian students take out a gap year because Indian colleges don’t prepare us much for further international studies in Psychology (like how you’re doing a part-time job, we don’t get to do that here) :/ I just did an internship at a mental health clinic in India so I got loads of exposure to counselling and MH disorders. I’m just about to start another internship right now. Sorry for the unnecessary info😆 Yea, Bath is like super expensive and I definitely don’t want to be in debt later (not to mention - London 💰). Anyway, do you frantically keep refreshing your email? Are you planning to stay on campus at Kent? I was looking at accommodation and Keynes looks vv good to me tbh. Also we indeed did have the same interviewer, I asked Ivan how long I’d hear about my decision and he said “soon.” Doesn’t calm me down even a little bit though 😆
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Just got an offer for Msc forensic psychology 😊
Just got an offer for Msc forensic psychology 😊

Hi there! Massive congratulations on getting your offer :smile:
If you have any questions about university experience, accommodation, societies etc, feel free to ask!

Best wishes,
Tracy
UKC Rep
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

I got accepted into Kent for an MSc in Forensic Psychology - really excited and can't wait to get started!
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there! Massive congratulations on getting your offer :smile:
If you have any questions about university experience, accommodation, societies etc, feel free to ask!

Best wishes,
Tracy
UKC Rep

Hey Tracy, I’ve accepted my unconditional offer for BSc Physics. Any idea as to when the Uni will give out the CAS for Sep ‘23 entry? I’m an international student.
Reply 35
Original post by WwwwQQQQ1234568
Hey Tracy, I’ve accepted my unconditional offer for BSc Physics. Any idea as to when the Uni will give out the CAS for Sep ‘23 entry? I’m an international student.

Hi the uni told me to expect a CAS no more than 3 months before the course start date. My course starts on 16th sept so im expecting my cas to be issued after 16th june
Hi the uni told me to expect a CAS no more than 3 months before the course start date. My course starts on 16th sept so im expecting my cas to be issued after 16th june

Are you applying from inside the UK or outside, if I may ask?
Reply 37
Are you applying from inside the UK or outside, if I may ask?

Outside. I’m from India. All Indians I’ve managed to get in touch with, who have firmed Kent also told me the same. Uni told them the same thing as me
Outside. I’m from India. All Indians I’ve managed to get in touch with, who have firmed Kent also told me the same. Uni told them the same thing as me

So they won't give pre-CAS till we are within 3 months of course start date? I mean, the official CAS will be given 3 months before, but what about pre-CAS, documents submission etc., when should we do these?
Reply 39
So they won't give pre-CAS till we are within 3 months of course start date? I mean, the official CAS will be given 3 months before, but what about pre-CAS, documents submission etc., when should we do these?

hey! i actually got my pre-cas in the first week of may itself, right after i accepted the unconditional offer. but the students ive been in touch with havent gotten the pre-cas either. so idk why i was the one to receive it. they asked me to upload my passport, prev uk visas and check personal details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending