The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2023 Watch

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by thatsthejoke
Had this for one set, if nothing comes by email tomorrow I will email the pupillage email address on their website.

Some sets may not send one at all. Others may wait until after submission deadline etc. I wouldn't read too much into it - just if you hear of others getting one for a particular set you have applied for, and you haven't then I would check.
One of my non-gateway apps stated that I would receive email confirmation shortly after submission. I emailed to ask whether they had received my application as I had not received the automated email. They said they had and, if I hadn’t had the email within a week, to let them know.
I’ve received a receipt of pupillage app from a Chambers, but 92 other candidates have been cc’d in. All email addresses are visible!
Original post by purple_lavender
I’ve received a receipt of pupillage app from a Chambers, but 92 other candidates have been cc’d in. All email addresses are visible!

Whoops. Someone in Chambers is going to have to report that to the ICO.
Crushing rejection from XXIV Old Buildings just came through. Best of luck to anyone who has their selection day on Saturday.
Anyone heard from Unit?
Nope still waiting. Got an acknowledgment for the submission though
Original post by Barbeyond
Nope still waiting. Got an acknowledgment for the submission though

What did it say please? I thought we would know today as it says on their website
Original post by Astudent1997m
Anyone heard from Unit?

A friend of mine received an invitation to interview on Friday morning
Original post by 2410MMU
A friend of mine received an invitation to interview on Friday morning

You mean yesterday morning? Because I only got the submission acknowledgment on Sunday
Original post by Astudent1997m
What did it say please? I thought we would know today as it says on their website

Just said this email confirms receipt of cover letter
(edited 1 year ago)
You mean yesterday morning? Because I only got the submission acknowledgment on Sunday

Yes, I mean yesterday; approximately 8:44am on Friday 17th
Original post by 2410MMU
Yes, I mean yesterday; approximately 8:44am on Friday 17th

Thank you, guess it's a rejection for those who haven't heard as of yet :frown:
Thank you, guess it's a rejection for those who haven't heard as of yet :frown:

I'm sorry to say that's what it looks like. Another friend of mine heard nothing either. I suppose Unit may yet be send rejection emails but if not it's disappointing to see rejection by silence
Absolutely. I hope they do inform unsuccessful candidates soon because there's nothing worse than rejection by silence.
They should reject people the same day as giving out interviews imo
Besides Unit and XXIV, have any other chambers sent out notifications whatsoever?
I haven’t heard anything from any of mine, but mine are all midlands sets..
Original post by LibbyZ18
Besides Unit and XXIV, have any other chambers sent out notifications whatsoever?

It's far too early for the vast majority of gateway sets to have provided any notifications in terms of interviews etc. That is particularly so for sets that require anonymisation of certain data on the application form, because there have been some issues with that this year. My set anonymises applications and we're not even getting the applications until tomorrow for the first sift. I don't know what percentage of sets do anonymise applications, but I very much hope that it's most of them at this point, so I would expect a bit of a wait yet.
The status on one of my gateway sets says "In Process", whereas before it said "In Process - no action needed at this time". All my other apps say the latter, so I just wondered if anyone knows what the change means (if anything)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending