The Student Room Group
University of York
York

psychology york 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
where does it say that about international students? sorry about your rejection :/

if you go onto ucas hub, go onto your decision from york, press on ‘view all details’, scroll all the way down to the unis you’ve applied for and it says on york ‘This course is ONLY open for international applicants. If you are unsure about your status, please check with the university or college.’
University of York
York
Original post by pollyjayne
if you go onto ucas hub, go onto your decision from york, press on ‘view all details’, scroll all the way down to the unis you’ve applied for and it says on york ‘This course is ONLY open for international applicants. If you are unsure about your status, please check with the university or college.’

ohhh okay, i couldnt see it as i havent heard back yet. thank you!
Original post by pheeb0
i’m so sorry that happened to you as well :frown: it’s honestly horrible- wish they had told me sooner as for months i have been so excited to go! where else have you applied to?

ikk and thing is they said they were going to only start making offers after the UCAS deadline but quite a few people got offers for the bsc course before that! i’ve also applied to newcastle, uni of liverpool, uni of sheffield and durham but if i get accepted by newcastle i’m going to make that my firm and liverpool my insurance 😁
Reply 23
Yeah I got rejected too, my predicted is A*A* A- out of all the unis of I applied to I thought York was the one I was most likely to get in to haha 😭
Reply 24
Original post by pollyjayne
ikk and thing is they said they were going to only start making offers after the UCAS deadline but quite a few people got offers for the bsc course before that! i’ve also applied to newcastle, uni of liverpool, uni of sheffield and durham but if i get accepted by newcastle i’m going to make that my firm and liverpool my insurance 😁

thats what i thought as well! because I'm sure they said at the open day they wouldn't be making offers until after the ucas deadline but i also know some people on here who got offers before that! i think I'm probably going to put exeter as my firm now- I've applied to bath as well but haven't heard back from them
Original post by pheeb0
anyone else get rejected?? im so gutted, really had my heart set on going to york and literally don't want to go anywhere else

i applied with predicted A*A*A on the 11th nov- they just said there were loads of applicants but I'm still a bit confused as to why some people got offers within a few days whilst some of us have waited 4 months? thinking maybe they've already given all the offers out and just run out of places?

Daughter also applied with predicted A*A*A* grades back in October and got rejected three days ago. Also her first choice (my son is there and loves it). Really disappointed, and very disappointed that they're not giving any specific feedback. Which A levels are you doing? She's doing Psychology, Eng lang and lit and art, plus an EPQ, and thinks it's either art that's let her down, or else her grade 5 in maths GCSE (her only 5 - rest were grades 7-9).
This is really scaring me because I want to go to York so bad but applied with A*AA
Reply 27
Original post by Mumofpsych
Daughter also applied with predicted A*A*A* grades back in October and got rejected three days ago. Also her first choice (my son is there and loves it). Really disappointed, and very disappointed that they're not giving any specific feedback. Which A levels are you doing? She's doing Psychology, Eng lang and lit and art, plus an EPQ, and thinks it's either art that's let her down, or else her grade 5 in maths GCSE (her only 5 - rest were grades 7-9).

sorry to hear that about your daughter- i can empathise with her disappointment. i take psychology, geography and philosophy+ethics. yes- annoying about the feedback! i emailed admissions and they said they were unable to provide individual feedback for why the application was unsuccessful but just that they received a high number of applicants. my theory is that they gave the majority of offers to students who take a core science subject, as i’m not aware of anyone who’s been accepted who doesn’t do one! some unis can be a bit funny about not taking a core science a level since psychology is a bachelor of science, but i think we’re just as good!
Reply 28
don’t panic! i spoke to another girl on here who was also worried but got an offer :smile:
Original post by maddysmith112
This is really scaring me because I want to go to York so bad but applied with A*AA
I think what you said there is true because i got my offer within a week and i do Psychology Biology and Chemistry :frown: From what i’ve seen on their website , i’m pretty sure York teaches more science based psychology so maybe that’s why they prioritise those that do core science alevels .
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 30
Original post by sushiballz
I think what you said there is true because i got my offer within a week and i do Psychology Biology and Chemistry :frown: From what i’ve seen on their website , i’m pretty sure York teaches more science based psychology so maybe that’s why they prioritise those that do core science alevels .

congrats on your offer! <3 yeah it is a shame as it doesn't specify on their website that you need core sciences but it seems to be the case :frown:
Original post by pheeb0
congrats on your offer! <3 yeah it is a shame as it doesn't specify on their website that you need core sciences but it seems to be the case :frown:

hey i didn’t do any sciences. only psychology and i got an offer two days ago. so you don’t need other sciences! :smile:
hey i didn’t do any sciences. only psychology and i got an offer two days ago. so you don’t need other sciences! :smile:

Could I ask which other subjects you do? Congrats on your offer.
Could I ask which other subjects you do? Congrats on your offer.

thanks. film and english lit. i applied with an A*AA

same here
Reply 35

ahhh congrats 🥳 it was just a pattern i spotted but well done! what other subjects do you do? :smile:
Original post by pheeb0
ahhh congrats 🥳 it was just a pattern i spotted but well done! what other subjects do you do? :smile:

english lit and film :smile:
thanks. film and english lit. i applied with an A*AA

Are they predicted grades or have you already done your A levels? I'm sure you'll love York. My son is there and loves it.
Are they predicted grades or have you already done your A levels? I'm sure you'll love York. My son is there and loves it.

predicted. awh thanks, im looking forward to it
predicted. awh thanks, im looking forward to it

so exciting for u! are u gonna firm it do u reckon? and have u booked a post offer day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending