The Student Room Group
University of York
York

psychology york 2023

Scroll to see replies

I know a handful of people who have applied and haven’t done any core science subjects , so i don’t know if it could be down to personal statements or gcse results ?? :frown:
Original post by pheeb0
congrats on your offer! <3 yeah it is a shame as it doesn't specify on their website that you need core sciences but it seems to be the case :frown:
University of York
York
Reply 41
Original post by sushiballz
I know a handful of people who have applied and haven’t done any core science subjects , so i don’t know if it could be down to personal statements or gcse results ?? :frown:

i’m guessing it must be my ps as i got all 8s and 9s at gcse :frown:
Original post by LM005
Yeah me too- got a rejection email yesterday, my predicted grades are A*A*A and though out of all the unis I applied to that York was the most likely to give me an offer, I guess not haha 😭

So glad I applied a few years ago and got in with A B C with predicted grades of ABD
Reply 43
Original post by Mumofpsych
Could I ask which other subjects you do? Congrats on your offer.

I too got an offer with A* Psychology, A* Art and A in Media! Don’t worry about subjects too much, they take into account GCSEs, personal statement, contextual factors etc. too. Hope you have heard back!!
Yes, my daughter did get an offer from Durham *breathes sigh of relief*. It's her only offer. Durham seem to value creative subjects/humanities in Psychology applications more than some other universities. Congratulations on your offer, and best of luck for your future. Psychology A level exams are extremely early this year, aren't they? (Original post by f2810)
Reply 45
Original post by Mumofpsych
Yes, my daughter did get an offer from Durham *breathes sigh of relief*. It's her only offer. Durham seem to value creative subjects/humanities in Psychology applications more than some other universities. Congratulations on your offer, and best of luck for your future. Psychology A level exams are extremely early this year, aren't they? (Original post by f2810)

Thank you!! They really are early.. First one is the 19th May and last is the 5th June I believe! I’m finished with exams by the 6th! Wishing the best of luck to your daughter with hers and congrats on getting the offer!
Sorry to bother everyone but as this chat is active I wanted to ask a question . For psychology at York how many times would you need to go into campus for a lecture as my commute is long and would always be a 9 o’clock start
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to bother everyone but as this chat is active I wanted to ask a question . For psychology at York how many times would you need to go into campus for a lecture as my commute is long and would always be a 9 o’clock start

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're considering studying at York. On average, you'll have 8 - 10 lectures per week in your first year, however, these will be recorded and may be online, so you might not necessarily have to attend all of these in person. I'd recommend contacting the psychology undergraduate admissions team to get a more accurate idea of how many lectures you'd likely need to attend each week. Here are their cotnact details:

Email: [email protected]
Phone number: +44 (0)1904 324371

I hope this helps - Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending