The Student Room Group

Is it normal always be angry around your family?

I unfortunately live with my family and every day that I’m around them I feel angry and miserable. My face is always permanently a frown . I pretend to smile but deep down I feel terrible. Lol my mom is very clingy and a whinny baby when the attention isn’t on her she gets mad. She’s always crying and telling my business to her nosy sisters, and they act like they are therapist and are so judgmental. My step dad what’s not to like about him? He’s childish, both of my parents are bullies. I had to move with them because I mad terrible financial decisions. I spent all of my money on a fake used car that blew up in my face months after getting it. I’m working on building up my money this spring so I can be out of here by March. My mom is probably going to cry like a baby because she acts as if I’m gonna be here forever. she just brought the house. She tells me all the time “why am I always in my room” she even says that I don’t appreciate the new house. This is her house?? I didn’t tell her to buy nothing.. I told her before we moved here that I wanted to get my own place now she’s just being delusional, and depends on me so much. This is her house not mine. What I hate about this new house is that her room is next door to mine so I have no space. I have nothing at all and I’m miserable. She’s so wrapped up in her life will I want my own life so I can matter too.. I’m tired of spending my life making her happy that’s how my entire summer has been which was terrible..Please help??
I’m in a similar situation as you except my dad is the stuck up aggressive ***** and my mum just plays victim… although no matter what I just always feel so angry and then they ask why are u always so grumpy around us etc. as for help I’m not sure what you can do.. purely cos idk what to do . Saying go talk to them is utter bs cos let’s be fr nothing good is coming from that . I think just try think that no matter what your mum raised you and she does love u. She may be clingy or whatnot cos of how her mum raised her, I suppose if you try to understand her point of view of things you may essentially feel less angry around them. Just save up and move out during spring :smile:
imo what you are is irritable because you're living a life other than what you want, and the one you want is bottled up

that's fine, kinda sucky of course, given the context. idk what the answer is. more freedom i suppose. maybe you just have to suck it up if you've got nowhere else to go
Reply 3
Hi, not trying to be rude or whatever, but this actually also happens to me. Always being angry around family. What helps me is joining sports and afterschool activities, It helps you get away from your family for a while so you aren't always at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending