The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme Cohort 12 (2023) Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

omg I totally didn't know that-- that would make a lot of sense :smile:
Original post by xlibbyx
Ohhh okay, I’m probably very wrong then haha. I think like because the period is over two weeks, we’ll be separated into two groups and one group will go on the trip on one week and the second group will go on the trip the next week, but I’m not sure that’s just a guess :smile:
idk what the criteria was but I got three 8's, five 7's, a 6 and a 5 x
Original post by Lunninagh
How good were your guys' GCSEs? Did they meet the desired criteria?
Last year's cohort seemed to get theirs in waves based on the alphabetical order of their names. They also got theirs on the 3rd of march. so this Friday possibly?

That would make a lot of sense, hopefully it’s not staggered
How good were your guys' GCSEs? Did they meet the desired criteria?

I got six 9’s and four 8’s :smile:
Original post by xlibbyx
Yeah me neither, it’s so hard to get on to. I feel like because there’s two trips, one might be to like around New York and then the other one might be around California or something like that

Original post by xlibbyx
Ohhh okay, I’m probably very wrong then haha. I think like because the period is over two weeks, we’ll be separated into two groups and one group will go on the trip on one week and the second group will go on the trip the next week, but I’m not sure that’s just a guess :smile:

In my year (cohort 8), we had 4 groups. 3(?, maybe 2) groups went in the first week, and another went in the second. We all overlapped on one day where we went to a college fair at Harvard together.
We had a Boston week (the one I went on), a North Carolina week, a New York week, and Philadelphia week (although they didn't stay there iirc)
(edited 1 year ago)
do you think we might get results from tmmrw ?
Original post by ry7xsfa
In my year (cohort 8), we had 4 groups. 3(?, maybe 2) groups went in the first week, and another went in the second. We all overlapped on one day where we went to a college fair at Harvard together.
We had a Boston week (the one I went on), a North Carolina week, a New York week, and Philadelphia week (although they didn't stay there iirc)

Ohh okay that makes more sense, were you allowed to choose which week you went on?
Original post by lilypod244
do you think we might get results from tmmrw ?

I feel like we will because they said the start of March and it’s the 1st today. I kinda hope they do I just wanna know if I got on or not😭
Original post by xlibbyx
I feel like we will because they said the start of March and it’s the 1st today. I kinda hope they do I just wanna know if I got on or not😭

If anyone gets an email could you tell us:smile:
Original post by xlibbyx

will do :smile:
hiiiii i also applied this year!! yes i agree , not a lot of people are active on this year’s forum :frown:

Hiya, did you get an email back today?
Original post by xlibbyx

Just got the email today LOL
same, I didn’t get in ahah
twinning
didn’t get in either lmao
Original post by xlibbyx
I got six 9’s and four 8’s :smile:

did you get in
same, I didn’t get in ahah

how do u guys feel about it
Original post by Anonymous
how do u guys feel about it
bit bummed

deffo a bit bummed out about it but it is what it is
Anyone watching this thread get in?
tbh I am so so devastated and I probably won't be able to apply anymore with the costs for the tests and everything 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending