The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme Cohort 12 (2023) Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

i didn't get in but also looking at the analytics of my video interview on youtube it looks like it only has one unique viewer (me) which would imply that it was never watched so maybe there was something really bad that I just didn't consider about my app lol

i had 10 9s at gcse for the person who asked about those
(edited 1 year ago)
I saw that as well but idk at this point
I got in
Original post by Harrysja
I got in

Congratulations - are they doing the USA residential this year?
Original post by eddie42
Congratulations - are they doing the USA residential this year?

I think so
Original post by xlibbyx
Ohh okay that makes more sense, were you allowed to choose which week you went on?

Nope. It was randomly assigned
Reply 66
I got in too :smile:
Original post by lilypod244
deffo a bit bummed out about it but it is what it is

I got in

congrats what was the acception email about
Original post by eddie42
tbh I am so so devastated and I probably won't be able to apply anymore with the costs for the tests and everything 😭

fr low-key annoyed wish i knew what i did wrong because i did sm extracurriculars and volunteering aswell
Original post by jamsparkle
i didn't get in but also looking at the analytics of my video interview on youtube it looks like it only has one unique viewer (me) which would imply that it was never watched so maybe there was something really bad that I just didn't consider about my app lol

i had 10 9s at gcse for the person who asked about those

wow ur grades r so good but maybe the writing lacked what they wanted?
Original post by student14476
fr low-key annoyed wish i knew what i did wrong because i did sm extracurriculars and volunteering aswell

Are you still going to apply? I'm trying to convince myself now that the UK is better anyway 🙃
(I also had all 9s but I had some good extracurriculars as well)
Original post by eddie42
Are you still going to apply? I'm trying to convince myself now that the UK is better anyway 🙃
(I also had all 9s but I had some good extracurriculars as well)

wth thts so weird u didn’t get in but yh i’m just reminding myself it must have been rlly competitive i mena it was a free trip to america aswell so i’m still gonna apply to us unis it’s just gonna be harder cuz i’m gonna have to research sm about it myself now
Hi
I got onto the programme but it doesn’t say for sure that the trip to us is happening does it mean that there might not be a trip to the us
Original post by Lunninagh
Anyone watching this thread get in?

I got in :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
did you get in
Original post by student14476
wow ur grades r so good but maybe the writing lacked what they wanted?

I actually thought my writing was quite good for once but I'm literally the worst judge of how I've ever done at anything so probably - tbh I wasn't sure if I was actually eligible since my family is technically over the income requirement but I have a twin who applied at the same time (and I'm care experienced) so I thought I might as well try but I was really pushing it from the start lol and my ECs probably aren't great

i had fun writing the essays though and I think I'll still apply to the US (probably test optional though) so hopefully it doesn't set me back too much
Original post by jamsparkle
I actually thought my writing was quite good for once but I'm literally the worst judge of how I've ever done at anything so probably - tbh I wasn't sure if I was actually eligible since my family is technically over the income requirement but I have a twin who applied at the same time (and I'm care experienced) so I thought I might as well try but I was really pushing it from the start lol and my ECs probably aren't great

i had fun writing the essays though and I think I'll still apply to the US (probably test optional though) so hopefully it doesn't set me back too much

what does test optional mean
Hi
I got onto the programme but it doesn’t say for sure that the trip to us is happening does it mean that there might not be a trip to the us

For me in the email it said that it would be happening and we’d know which week we’d be assigned to in May
Original post by Anonymous
what does test optional mean

some us unis (even big ones like harvard and yale) since covid let you apply without taking SAT or ACT

some don't though like MIT
Original post by xlibbyx
For me in the email it said that it would be happening and we’d know which week we’d be assigned to in May

Yeah it says · When will I know which US week I will be attending? You will find out which US week you will take part in by May 31.
so I think there will be a trip
Hi

They said that they werent sure which week it would be but we will be going

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending