The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust US Programme Cohort 12 (2023) Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KeanuC
Yeah, I've received an email about that already, you should email them about that

I just tried and my email was blocked for some reason and now I'm not quite sure what to do😭
Original post by xlibbyx
Yeah you definitely should😭

The email was blocked😭😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by Anonymous
The email was blocked😭😭😭😭😭😭

i think they're currently having issues because someone i know on cohort 11 is also having emails blocked. don't worry, try again tomorrow :smile:
Original post by vapordave
i think they're currently having issues because someone i know on cohort 11 is also having emails blocked. don't worry, try again tomorrow :smile:

I will thanks for the heads up!
Original post by ry7xsfa
Cohort 8 here!

One of the best experiences of my life. All of the residentials were very informative - and the US week was phenomenal. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried when it was over as it would be the last time we were all in one place together (as not all of us would actually be applying to the US for various reasons). I made some great friends who I'm still in contact with today.

The support they give, from taking the ACT right through to getting a visa, is so valuable and more than you can get from anywhere (even my pinned thread here can't compare at all), because it's so personal! They really work with you to know what you need and advise on how to get there.

I'd definitely recommend the programme to anyone thinking of studying in the US.

Hii I’m thinking about applying for it but was just had a question. I don’t currently have a passport so is that something I would have to pay for?? I’m assuming i would (which I don’t have a problem with but my mum probably would lolol)
And does it also cover the visa?? I know it’s “all expenses payed” but I don’t wanna apply then find out there’s a bunch of hidden costs 😭😭
Original post by Anonymous #5
Hii I’m thinking about applying for it but was just had a question. I don’t currently have a passport so is that something I would have to pay for?? I’m assuming i would (which I don’t have a problem with but my mum probably would lolol)
And does it also cover the visa?? I know it’s “all expenses payed” but I don’t wanna apply then find out there’s a bunch of hidden costs 😭😭

hey i’m on cohort 12, for the us week you just have to pay for the ESTA which is a visa for the week and it’s about £20 ish, but they can support with passport costs if it’s difficult for your family, hope that helps
Original post by vapordave
i thought my video interview sucked and i still got in so don't worry too much :smile:

U know for the extracurricular bit, for the number of weeks in a year do you put how many you will do if the activity is new. E.g. i started smth this december so should i put 4 weeks or 45 weeks (how long it will take me in 2024 to complete)?
Original post by Anonymous #5
Did you find out if you got in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending