The Student Room Group

Bristol Veterinary Science Applicants / Offers 2023

Hi everyone

I just thought I would start this thread for anyone applying to Bristol or any offer holders!

I have an unconditional offer for the 5 year at Bristol.

So excited and would love to get to know more people who I’ll be with next year 😀

I know @tllewellyn and @ALEreapp have offers already too 😀

Issy x

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

Ive just submitted my SAQ (later than expected as I had an impromptu debate competition last week haha)
and I'm waiting to hear back now :smile:

may I ask what kind of grades / WE you guys got offers with? :redface:
Original post by Issyvet22
Hi everyone

I just thought I would start this thread for anyone applying to Bristol or any offer holders!

I have an unconditional offer for the 5 year at Bristol.

So excited and would love to get to know more people who I’ll be with next year 😀

I know @tllewellyn and @ALEreapp have offers already too 😀

Issy x

That's absolutely fantastic, well done 😀. Can I ask when you submitted your SAQ? Also what grades did you get if you don't mind me asking 😀
@lalana03 I saw on the applicant thread you were looking for people who will be on the course next year, this is probs going to be the best place 😊
Original post by Blahajbites
Hi!

Ive just submitted my SAQ (later than expected as I had an impromptu debate competition last week haha)
and I'm waiting to hear back now :smile:

may I ask what kind of grades / WE you guys got offers with? :redface:

Hey lovely. I’ve done a gap year and am currently doing an access course. Bristol guarantees offers to those doing access courses with suitable applications (eg set to meet their requirements, decent reference and ‘satisfactory’ SAQ). In my a levels I got A*BC originally and actually had a rejection from Bristol as it was my firm on results day. Work experience Bristol don’t care what you have as long as you have done the MOOC.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Hi everyone.

I’m a mature student (28, with two kids) I’m a RVN, I have a degree in Veterinary Nursing and a Postgraduate Diploma in Veterinary Physiotherapy! I’m also an access student and have all credits at distinction apart from 3 at merit. Bristol was my only choice so I’m really relieved and feel very lucky.

I found the SAQ super hard, but once I sent it off it was a massive relief!

Good luck everyone! Keep us posted ❤️
Reply 6
Sorry forgot to add - submitted my SAQ on 19th October.
Hi guys, I'm doing an access course too (bioscience) I sent my (SAQ) on the 1-2 nov and was put on hold. Congratulations on the acceptance!!
Reply 8
Original post by xbeth17x
Hi guys, I'm doing an access course too (bioscience) I sent my (SAQ) on the 1-2 nov and was put on hold. Congratulations on the acceptance!!

Thank you! Best of luck. Great they have put you on hold, they are probably just waiting on more applicants. Exciting!
@Sasha087 We’ve got this lil thread going for Bristol, seeing as you have an offer you might wanna be part of it!
I got my offer 3rd November just 2 days after submitting my SAQ so they are being super quick this year 😌
Omg congrats!! What are you taking if you don’t mind me asking ?
Omg congrats!! What are you taking if you don’t mind me asking ?

Not sure if this is for me… but I am doing an access to science course atm! I did a levels and they didn’t go to plan due to my health so decided to take a gap year and do an access course instead of resits x
Original post by ALEreapp
Not sure if this is for me… but I am doing an access to science course atm! I did a levels and they didn’t go to plan due to my health so decided to take a gap year and do an access course instead of resits x

It was lol ! I’m doing an access course too , I’ve been put on hold tho :/ ( we applied around the same time too)
It was lol ! I’m doing an access course too , I’ve been put on hold tho :/ ( we applied around the same time too)

when were you put on hold?
Original post by nostxlgic
when were you put on hold?

The 5th of November :smile:

I’m sure you’ll get an offer! Bristol guarantee offers to access students (with a couple small stipulations). On hold still means you are eligible for an offer so maybe they are just checking the course. It’s still very early days, I don’t think many offers have gone out at all x
I’m sure you’ll get an offer! Bristol guarantee offers to access students (with a couple small stipulations). On hold still means you are eligible for an offer so maybe they are just checking the course. It’s still very early days, I don’t think many offers have gone out at all x

no way! I didn't even know that :smile: what are the conditions of the guarantee? x
no way! I didn't even know that :smile: what are the conditions of the guarantee? x

This is straight from their website; Be on track to meet level 3 requirements for your course
Be on track to meet any GCSE requirements for your course
Fulfil any additional requirements for your course, such as sitting the UCAT for Medicine and Dentistry and the LNAT for Law, and/ or meeting the work experience threshold for courses requiring work experience.
Apply by the relevant UCAS deadline, or while the course is accepting applications through UCAS
Complete the UCAS application in full, and complete all elements of the application process to a satisfactory standard
Be a Home student (UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man)’

The main but of ambiguity is ‘complete all elements of the application process to a satisfactory standard’ as the rest is pretty cut and dry. So basically I interpreted as they expect a half decent SAQ which most applicants would give anyway. But yeah it’s pretty cool!
This is straight from their website; Be on track to meet level 3 requirements for your course
Be on track to meet any GCSE requirements for your course
Fulfil any additional requirements for your course, such as sitting the UCAT for Medicine and Dentistry and the LNAT for Law, and/ or meeting the work experience threshold for courses requiring work experience.
Apply by the relevant UCAS deadline, or while the course is accepting applications through UCAS
Complete the UCAS application in full, and complete all elements of the application process to a satisfactory standard
Be a Home student (UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man)’

The main but of ambiguity is ‘complete all elements of the application process to a satisfactory standard’ as the rest is pretty cut and dry. So basically I interpreted as they expect a half decent SAQ which most applicants would give anyway. But yeah it’s pretty cool!

That is amazing! honestly that makes me feel slightly less stressed :biggrin: thank you for telling me about this!
Thank you for notifying me of this thread!

I am a 26 yr old Access to HE Biochemical student. I have a First class honours degree in Modern Languages so believe me this hasn't been a straight forward route and has taken a lot of work to get on track for vet school but I am optimistic and over the moon Bristol has recognised my hard work and offered me a place. I can't quite believe 2 yrs ago I was on threads like these watching others getting offers planning how I too would execute this and here I am...

Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending