The Student Room Group

Reading interview for architecture

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aabbiinn
ahh we really need to have more faith in ourselves lol but i'm glad i'm not the only one who's feeling like that. yeah omg same, i was so excited when i got the interview invite and now i'm like well it's nice of them but i want to be realistic too. mine isn't until the 14th which i'm so grateful for, although i guess more time to stress, i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine though! (although i know me saying that doesn't really help the nerves haha). no literally i don't even know how to begin to prep, like i feel like they'll ask me the most ridiculous questions anyway that i'll be confused either way :'). haha yes definitely, btw i got my offer through from reading today which is a massive relief! have you got any other interviews to prepare for or just cambridge now?

True because confidence really helps during the interview stage, guess I’ll have to fake it💀 You got a lot of time to prepare! Hopefully that could calm your nerves, I’m currently procrastinating .. it’s probably some weird defence mechanism 😭 I haven’t gotten any other interviews yet, I’m waiting on oxford brookes and UCL. Hbu?
Reply 21
Original post by University of Salford
Hey @Idkbroo!

Amazing to hear you've applied to us! Fingers crossed all goes well for you :biggrin: have you managed to get to visit our campus yet?

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Thank you! I haven’t visited the campus because i live in London but i watched a lot of vlogs and tiktoks 😭 I like the diversity of Salford (:
Original post by Idkbroo
Howd it go?

Honestly. I'm not sure. It was for bartlett and they weren't very expressive. I'm honestly scared. It's two hours before my Cambridge interview as well and while I was reading my personal statement I had like two typos lol.
Original post by Idkbroo
Thank you! I haven’t visited the campus because i live in London but i watched a lot of vlogs and tiktoks 😭 I like the diversity of Salford (:

Ah no! Thats fair, London is quite far! Manchester is honestly such a fab student city - I'm sure you'll love it! If you did fancy coming to visit we're running a travel bursary at the moment that allows you to claim back £40 on your travel if you're coming from outside Greater Manchester, although I can appreciate travelling is quite expensive at the moment!

All the best!
Becky
Reply 24
Original post by University of Salford
Ah no! Thats fair, London is quite far! Manchester is honestly such a fab student city - I'm sure you'll love it! If you did fancy coming to visit we're running a travel bursary at the moment that allows you to claim back £40 on your travel if you're coming from outside Greater Manchester, although I can appreciate travelling is quite expensive at the moment!

All the best!
Becky

That sounds nice thank you for letting me know!
Reply 25
Original post by bianxya
Honestly. I'm not sure. It was for bartlett and they weren't very expressive. I'm honestly scared. It's two hours before my Cambridge interview as well and while I was reading my personal statement I had like two typos lol.

I’m sure they won’t penalise you for typos if you’ve gotten this far into the application process :smile: Did you apply to UCL for Bsc Architecture? I thought
they hadn’t sent out interview invitations yet
I haven’t heard back since submitting the portfolio

Also I’m sure you done great, everyone’s nervous during their interviews but they just want to see you talk about your work to see your thought process
Original post by Idkbroo
True because confidence really helps during the interview stage, guess I’ll have to fake it💀 You got a lot of time to prepare! Hopefully that could calm your nerves, I’m currently procrastinating .. it’s probably some weird defence mechanism 😭 I haven’t gotten any other interviews yet, I’m waiting on oxford brookes and UCL. Hbu?

haha definitely. that's very true, i'm so happy about that because i'm still trying to make notes on one of the books in my personal statement lol. literally! i think my brain is like ah well if i'm not doing anything related to interview it'll never happen so nothing to worry about. ooo nice, i've got an interview with loughborough on saturday, and waiting to hear from bath and nottingham (no idea if nottingham interview lol i'm assuming not since i haven't heard), i think bath are gonna wait until after the january deadline though which is annoying :'). Hopefully only the 3 interviews though.
Original post by Idkbroo
I’m sure they won’t penalise you for typos if you’ve gotten this far into the application process :smile: Did you apply to UCL for Bsc Architecture? I thought
they hadn’t sent out interview invitations yet
I haven’t heard back since submitting the portfolio

Also I’m sure you done great, everyone’s nervous during their interviews but they just want to see you talk about your work to see your thought process

Yeah I did and thank you its been making me nervous lately.

I applied before October deadline so I guess there had been less applications to look at at the time so I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon.
Reply 28
haha definitely. that's very true, i'm so happy about that because i'm still trying to make notes on one of the books in my personal statement lol. literally! i think my brain is like ah well if i'm not doing anything related to interview it'll never happen so nothing to worry about. ooo nice, i've got an interview with loughborough on saturday, and waiting to hear from bath and nottingham (no idea if nottingham interview lol i'm assuming not since i haven't heard), i think bath are gonna wait until after the january deadline though which is annoying :'). Hopefully only the 3 interviews though.

You would have done two interviews before your Cambridge one so that’s amazing practice :smile: You got this!! Also, i didnt mention books just podcasts because i knew i couldn’t read it all 😂 Hey if you’re down, once we get all our offers we should exchange instas in case we go to the same university (hopefully Cambridge!)
Reply 29
Original post by bianxya
Yeah I did and thank you its been making me nervous lately.

I applied before October deadline so I guess there had been less applications to look at at the time so I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon.

I applied for October deadline too RIP
Should i email them? In case there’s a problem somehow
Original post by Idkbroo
You would have done two interviews before your Cambridge one so that’s amazing practice :smile: You got this!! Also, i didnt mention books just podcasts because i knew i couldn’t read it all 😂 Hey if you’re down, once we get all our offers we should exchange instas in case we go to the same university (hopefully Cambridge!)

that's very true, i'm so glad it's worked out like that because at least if cambridge goes horribly it won't make me nervous for the others haha. Thank you!! Good luck for your interview too (if you've not already had it, i think you said some time this week). omg thats smart i should've done that haha. i only mentioned two books but still can't remember half the stuff in them lol. that sounds great, definitely!
Reply 31
that's very true, i'm so glad it's worked out like that because at least if cambridge goes horribly it won't make me nervous for the others haha. Thank you!! Good luck for your interview too (if you've not already had it, i think you said some time this week). omg thats smart i should've done that haha. i only mentioned two books but still can't remember half the stuff in them lol. that sounds great, definitely!

I’ve just had it yesterday!! I of course procrastinated until it was like 3 hours before i had to sleep and i finally practiced interview questions lol. Anyway my interviewers were quite pleasant! I didn’t expect to enjoy the interview as I’m quite shy but they were friendly (: To be fair i expected the absolute worst so i guess it only could have went up from there 😂 Also im an international student so im quite hyper aware of my accent but by the middle of it i completely forgot and just blabbered away lol. When’s your interview?
Original post by Idkbroo
I’ve just had it yesterday!! I of course procrastinated until it was like 3 hours before i had to sleep and i finally practiced interview questions lol. Anyway my interviewers were quite pleasant! I didn’t expect to enjoy the interview as I’m quite shy but they were friendly (: To be fair i expected the absolute worst so i guess it only could have went up from there 😂 Also im an international student so im quite hyper aware of my accent but by the middle of it i completely forgot and just blabbered away lol. When’s your interview?

ooh nice! honestly i'll probably do the exact same haha, mine's late in the afternoon so the day of i'll probably realise ah i should do some proper prep haha. i'm glad it went pretty well!! haha that's great though, i feel like they just want to hear your thoughts so blabbering is probably a good thing lol. Next wednesday! (:
Reply 33
ooh nice! honestly i'll probably do the exact same haha, mine's late in the afternoon so the day of i'll probably realise ah i should do some proper prep haha. i'm glad it went pretty well!! haha that's great though, i feel like they just want to hear your thoughts so blabbering is probably a good thing lol. Next wednesday! (:

For some reason I’ve never gotten this notification.. was wondering what happened to u lol
Howd it go??
Original post by Idkbroo
For some reason I’ve never gotten this notification.. was wondering what happened to u lol
Howd it go??

thats so weird haha. i think it was ok, honestly it's so hard to tell. i don't feel like they tried to stretch me that much but idk maybe with architecture it's weird because you're not expected to have too much background knowledge. tbh i don't think i've got an offer but i'm still glad i got an interview at least, and i've got other unis i like equally so is all good if i don't. how's your applications been going, any more offers?
Reply 35
thats so weird haha. i think it was ok, honestly it's so hard to tell. i don't feel like they tried to stretch me that much but idk maybe with architecture it's weird because you're not expected to have too much background knowledge. tbh i don't think i've got an offer but i'm still glad i got an interview at least, and i've got other unis i like equally so is all good if i don't. how's your applications been going, any more offers?

I didn’t feel like i was being stretched out as well but i do think it’s because architecture is something you learn in university and not something you’re expected to have a background knowledge of before (like chemistry for example).
I feel like main part was definitely to see your thought process. Also im glad i got an interview too even if i don’t get the offer because of the excitement lol i been dreading 25 jan the closer it gets because i just don’t wanna know anymore 😭
I’ve got my oxf brookes offer so now It’s just UCL and Cambridge left wbu?
Original post by Idkbroo
I didn’t feel like i was being stretched out as well but i do think it’s because architecture is something you learn in university and not something you’re expected to have a background knowledge of before (like chemistry for example).
I feel like main part was definitely to see your thought process. Also im glad i got an interview too even if i don’t get the offer because of the excitement lol i been dreading 25 jan the closer it gets because i just don’t wanna know anymore 😭
I’ve got my oxf brookes offer so now It’s just UCL and Cambridge left wbu?

ohh that makes me feel better that it's not just me that felt like that haha, i wasn't sure if it was because of that or me just being stupid lmao :')
literally i swear the waiting for the 25th is worse than the rest of application process haha, like i want to know so i can get it over with but also yeah like i'd be quite happy not knowing ever lol. it feels like these couple weeks are going so slowly omg. congrats on your offers!! fingers crossed for the other two. I've got offers from Reading and Nottingham now, still waiting on Bath, Cambridge and Loughborough (although I have my Loughborough interview tomorrow!).
Reply 37
ohh that makes me feel better that it's not just me that felt like that haha, i wasn't sure if it was because of that or me just being stupid lmao :')
literally i swear the waiting for the 25th is worse than the rest of application process haha, like i want to know so i can get it over with but also yeah like i'd be quite happy not knowing ever lol. it feels like these couple weeks are going so slowly omg. congrats on your offers!! fingers crossed for the other two. I've got offers from Reading and Nottingham now, still waiting on Bath, Cambridge and Loughborough (although I have my Loughborough interview tomorrow!).

Omg howd Loughborough go?? And thank you! Congratulations to you too and sending good vibes for bath Cambridge and Loughborough (:
And yeah it’s been such a slow 5 weeks 😭😭 have u heard about Schrödinger’s cat? The only reason i don’t want 25th to come is because according to that theory, I’m both accepted and rejected 😭 i like the accepted part .. ignorance is bliss fr
Original post by Idkbroo
Omg howd Loughborough go?? And thank you! Congratulations to you too and sending good vibes for bath Cambridge and Loughborough (:
And yeah it’s been such a slow 5 weeks 😭😭 have u heard about Schrödinger’s cat? The only reason i don’t want 25th to come is because according to that theory, I’m both accepted and rejected 😭 i like the accepted part .. ignorance is bliss fr

It was good thank you! They made a whole day of the interview which was really nice (some presentations and an activity as well as the interview) and it was so much more relaxed than my other interviews which was a nice surprise lol, so fingers crossed. Thank you! I've heard of it (ngl just had a quick google lol) but yes omg that's literally it! Cambridge = Schrodingers cat lmao. until the 25th let's just say we definitely have offers, nobody can disagree haha.
Reply 39
It was good thank you! They made a whole day of the interview which was really nice (some presentations and an activity as well as the interview) and it was so much more relaxed than my other interviews which was a nice surprise lol, so fingers crossed. Thank you! I've heard of it (ngl just had a quick google lol) but yes omg that's literally it! Cambridge = Schrodingers cat lmao. until the 25th let's just say we definitely have offers, nobody can disagree haha.

That sounds lovely wow i wish the other interviews were more relaxed especially Reading 😭 and ay look at us connecting physics or whatever the hell that thought process is from to our daily lives - we belong at oxbridge fr fr
well ig now we wait for more news. Update me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending