The Student Room Group

Reading interview for architecture

Hey i just wanted to start a thread for architecture applicants to Reading. I’ve just had my interview about an hour ago

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have an interview for architecture in a different uni as well ;-;
Original post by bianxya

This is the link for this year's architecture applicants thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7263924

Introduce yourself and join in the chat if you wish.
Reply 3
Original post by bianxya

Howd it go?
Original post by Idkbroo
Hey i just wanted to start a thread for architecture applicants to Reading. I’ve just had my interview about an hour ago

What was it like? I've got my interview next week and am pretty nervous haha.
Reply 5
Original post by aabbiinn
What was it like? I've got my interview next week and am pretty nervous haha.

Honestly the interviewer might grill u a bit during the portfolio showing! Make sure u can talk about your pieces well. Also, everyone is nervous (even if they seem confident) so don’t worry about that
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Idkbroo
Honestly the interviewer might grill u a bit during the portfolio showing! Make sure u can talk about your pieces well. Also, everyone is nervous (even if they seem confident) so don’t worry about that

that’s really helpful thank you!
Reply 7
that’s really helpful thank you!

No problem! Also I’ve just gotten my offer about an hour ago
Original post by Idkbroo
No problem! Also I’ve just gotten my offer about an hour ago

ahh congrats, that's amazing!
Reply 9
ahh congrats, that's amazing!

Thank you!! Let me know how ur interview goes
Original post by Idkbroo
Thank you!! Let me know how ur interview goes

I just finished my interview - I think it went pretty good (from what I could tell anyway, I might be way off haha). How long did it take between interview and when you got your offer?
Reply 11
I just finished my interview - I think it went pretty good (from what I could tell anyway, I might be way off haha). How long did it take between interview and when you got your offer?

Omg!! I’m glad it went well :smile: it took 8 days to receive my offer after my interview
However, one of my friends is currently an architecture student at reading and it took him about 3 weeks to hear back after the interview. So i guess there isn’t a specific time for everyone.
May i ask which other unis you applied to?
Original post by Idkbroo
Omg!! I’m glad it went well :smile: it took 8 days to receive my offer after my interview
However, one of my friends is currently an architecture student at reading and it took him about 3 weeks to hear back after the interview. So i guess there isn’t a specific time for everyone.
May i ask which other unis you applied to?

Ooh ok thank you, I guess I'll just have to wait it out haha. Yeah of course, I've applied to Cambridge, Loughborough, Bath and Nottingham. What about you? (If you want to say, no pressure!) :smile:
Reply 13
Ooh ok thank you, I guess I'll just have to wait it out haha. Yeah of course, I've applied to Cambridge, Loughborough, Bath and Nottingham. What about you? (If you want to say, no pressure!) :smile:

I heard for bath you don’t need to submit a portfolio, is this true? Also I’ve applied to Cambridge too! And UCL, salford and oxford brookes. Which college do you choose for camb?
Original post by Idkbroo
I heard for bath you don’t need to submit a portfolio, is this true? Also I’ve applied to Cambridge too! And UCL, salford and oxford brookes. Which college do you choose for camb?

yeah! no portfolio or interview for bath (not why i chose it but definitely a plus haha). ooo those all sounds great, i assume cambridge would be your top choice? i applied to fitz at cambridge, which college have you applied for? i’m so scared for the cambridge interview haha.
Reply 15
yeah! no portfolio or interview for bath (not why i chose it but definitely a plus haha). ooo those all sounds great, i assume cambridge would be your top choice? i applied to fitz at cambridge, which college have you applied for? i’m so scared for the cambridge interview haha.

Haha yeah it’s definitely a bonus 😭 one less headache to get through. And yes cambridge would definitely be my top choice hbu? although i am not getting my hopes up 😭 reading is my insurance either way. Also, I applied for Trinity Hall and you’re definitely not alone, I’m very nervous for the interview and the only thing calming me down is knowing that it would be way shorter than the Reading interview lol
Original post by Idkbroo
Haha yeah it’s definitely a bonus 😭 one less headache to get through. And yes cambridge would definitely be my top choice hbu? although i am not getting my hopes up 😭 reading is my insurance either way. Also, I applied for Trinity Hall and you’re definitely not alone, I’m very nervous for the interview and the only thing calming me down is knowing that it would be way shorter than the Reading interview lol

literally haha. ooh nice, i'm so torn between loughborough and cambridge (i am aware that sounds kind of ridiculous because, well cambridge is cambridge, but i loved loughborough too and for such different reasons which makes it a fun decision lol) so either one of them as top choice - no idea what i'm gonna do if i get offers from both haha. ahh i know, like i've kind of just convinced myself cambridge isn't happening so just to enjoy the interview and i'll hopefully end up at loughborough lol. i'm sure you'll do amazingly though - fingers crossed. same, reading will probably be insurance. yeahh i'm hoping the cambridge interview will go really quick haha, then at least if it goes horribly i'm only living through it for 20 mins :'). i feel like going in not expecting much is helping (maybe?) me not to stress as much, although saying that i know i will be absolutely terrified the day of lol.
Reply 17
literally haha. ooh nice, i'm so torn between loughborough and cambridge (i am aware that sounds kind of ridiculous because, well cambridge is cambridge, but i loved loughborough too and for such different reasons which makes it a fun decision lol) so either one of them as top choice - no idea what i'm gonna do if i get offers from both haha. ahh i know, like i've kind of just convinced myself cambridge isn't happening so just to enjoy the interview and i'll hopefully end up at loughborough lol. i'm sure you'll do amazingly though - fingers crossed. same, reading will probably be insurance. yeahh i'm hoping the cambridge interview will go really quick haha, then at least if it goes horribly i'm only living through it for 20 mins :'). i feel like going in not expecting much is helping (maybe?) me not to stress as much, although saying that i know i will be absolutely terrified the day of lol.

Wow we are the exact same person because i was preparing myself for a rejection even pre interview invitation, even my unsupportive community have been preparing me for a rejection smh. I’ve only gotten a little bit excited after they gave me an interview but it’s in a week now and I’m crapping myself thinking about it 😭 worst part is that i haven’t even began preparing because the thought of it just scares me. And hey that makes sense, Loughborough is a great university (: Since reading might be both of our insurance, I guess in this case it’s best to say “i hope i don’t see you at Reading” 😂
When’s your interview?
Original post by Idkbroo
Wow we are the exact same person because i was preparing myself for a rejection even pre interview invitation, even my unsupportive community have been preparing me for a rejection smh. I’ve only gotten a little bit excited after they gave me an interview but it’s in a week now and I’m crapping myself thinking about it 😭 worst part is that i haven’t even began preparing because the thought of it just scares me. And hey that makes sense, Loughborough is a great university (: Since reading might be both of our insurance, I guess in this case it’s best to say “i hope i don’t see you at Reading” 😂
When’s your interview?

ahh we really need to have more faith in ourselves lol but i'm glad i'm not the only one who's feeling like that. yeah omg same, i was so excited when i got the interview invite and now i'm like well it's nice of them but i want to be realistic too. mine isn't until the 14th which i'm so grateful for, although i guess more time to stress, i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine though! (although i know me saying that doesn't really help the nerves haha). no literally i don't even know how to begin to prep, like i feel like they'll ask me the most ridiculous questions anyway that i'll be confused either way :'). haha yes definitely, btw i got my offer through from reading today which is a massive relief! have you got any other interviews to prepare for or just cambridge now?
Original post by Idkbroo

Hey @Idkbroo!

Amazing to hear you've applied to us! Fingers crossed all goes well for you :biggrin: have you managed to get to visit our campus yet?

All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending