The Student Room Group

MPharm Pharmacy application 2023

Hi, I'm applying for pharmacy 2023 and was just looking for some advice. I have no experience, my work experience in high school was non-existent due to COVID and I've been desperately trying to find some but to this day I've been unsuccessful. Is work experience a necessity?(is it too late?).

Also, how are the interviews? How should I prepare and what sort of things do they ask/are their maths and chemistry tests etc?

Thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by lliamd
Hi, I'm applying for pharmacy 2023 and was just looking for some advice. I have no experience, my work experience in high school was non-existent due to COVID and I've been desperately trying to find some but to this day I've been unsuccessful. Is work experience a necessity?(is it too late?).

Also, how are the interviews? How should I prepare and what sort of things do they ask/are their maths and chemistry tests etc?

Thank you!

most universities that I have looked at/gone to the open days say that work experience isn't essential for applying to pharmacy (Nottingham specifically said it doesn't affect your application) ... maybe check the websites of the ones you want to apply to just in case?... can't answer the interview bit yet, my first ones in a few weeks : )
Original post by lliamd

Thank you!

Check out some resources for interviews and such here!

Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by a.d.3006
most universities that I have looked at/gone to the open days say that work experience isn't essential for applying to pharmacy (Nottingham specifically said it doesn't affect your application) ... maybe check the websites of the ones you want to apply to just in case?... can't answer the interview bit yet, my first ones in a few weeks : )

Thank you! Let me know how the interview goes and good luck :smile:
Original post by lliamd

Thank you!

Hi @lliamd

That's great to hear you're applying for pharmacy!

Whilst it would be beneficial to have work experience, it may be that some universities are taking COVID into consideration when looking at personal statements and applications.
Have you tried handing your CV into pharmacies nearby? Although they may not be currently taking on any students at least they would have your details to hand if they ever needed an extra pair of hands!
If you are unable to gain any work experience you could instead discuss the other reasons that made you want to study pharmacy.

For your interview, think about what you have written in your personal statement and try to make potential interview questions from them. You could also practice with friends or family, this can help set the tone and may help you essentially see it as a 'mock'.

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Reply 5
Hi has anyone had an interview for MPharm with Wolverhampton University? What was it like and what are the questions like for the Maths test?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending