The Student Room Group

Is anyone’s school allowing them to watch the England matches during the day?

i don’t think it should be such an issue if it’s only for a lesson or two as a treat but I don’t really see this happening at my school so I want to see what other schools are doing if anything I’m not expecting much tbh
Why on earth would they?
The only situation that I could imagine would be a school allowing the final to be shown if it were on a school day.
No decent school can afford the time to show a match every time the nation plays. It also sets a precedent
We weren’t allowed to even play football at my school, it was rugby only.
Warning that I'm about to show my age, but in 2002 my school showed the quarter final between England and Brazil. But the tournament was hosted by Japan and South Korea, so the match kicked off before school had started. There might have been some overlap in that we missed school assembly or something, but I don't think it impacted on the school day. But then it was also an important match. The first England game kicks off at 1pm, so I expect schools wouldn't have an issue with students watching it during lunchtime. I'd be surprised if many allowed students to continue watching it into lesson time though, particularly group games. Knockout games are more important, but all of those kick off at 3pm or 7pm. Again, I'd be surprised if the school day was cut short for an England game, but I can imagine some schools setting up facilities for students to watch a 3pm knockout game as soon as it the school day finishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending