The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

biology at edge hill

i was wondering if anyone does biology at edge hill and if it’s any good? so far i’ve had 2 people tell me not to go there but i like the campus and also like the nearby town being quite small rather than going to a city (i was going to go to lancaster but declined it). it seems to have done well in the guardian ranking for biology and i like the module as well
Original post by Anonymous
i was wondering if anyone does biology at edge hill and if it’s any good? so far i’ve had 2 people tell me not to go there but i like the campus and also like the nearby town being quite small rather than going to a city (i was going to go to lancaster but declined it). it seems to have done well in the guardian ranking for biology and i like the module as well

I think the people telling you not to go there is because of it being a town /campus uni with not much nightlife possibly. We used to get that all the time for Lancaster, when in fact its not too bad despite it being a small city. I have been to edgehill when dropping off youngest daughter for her summer residential for psychology this summer and loved it. If they did Zoology she would have had Edgehill in her choice of unis. Eldest goes to Lancaster and youngest daughter is also applying there for Zoology. The Biology/bioscience/zoology talk was pretty good I thought. Both are great unis. Edge hill is smaller (about the same size as Chesters parkgate road campus) but its still really nice.
You do what you feel is right for you. If you like the uni, the town, the modules, then your onto a winner:smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

Hi @AnonymousI am a current Edge Hill student so I feel I am in a good position to tell you about this:smile: I personally have had a really positive experience at Edge Hill. I have found the university to be incredibly supportive, the campus is beautiful and I love Ormskirk as well. It sounds like you would be really happy here as it is such a lovely small town campus university.

I have a few friends who are studying Biology here and they are all really enjoying it. I know the BSc Biology degree is also approved by the Royal Society of Biology which is an important thing to consider. I am glad you have done your research on the modules this is so important!

I would recommend asking your friends more about their experience, it may be that the university wasn't right for them, it doesn't mean its not right for you :smile: You can also chat to a current student on a one to one basis on our Ambassador platform which I will link for you here. This will give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have, this can be anything from questions about your course, admissions, accommodation to student life.

I would also recommend attending an Open Day, we have one on Saturday 17 June 2023, which will give you the opportunity to walk round the campus, see where you would have your classes and where you would be living, as well as speaking to current Edge Hill students and Biology lecturers to give more insight on the course and answer any questions you have :smile:.

I hope this is helpful!

Katie - Second Year Educational Psychology Student
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending