The Student Room Group

Oxford interview offers for English

Hi! Does anyone know when English Language and Literature interview offers are meant to come out for Oxford? I'm going insane checking my email.
Reply 1
Original post by charlottewright
Hi! Does anyone know when English Language and Literature interview offers are meant to come out for Oxford? I'm going insane checking my email.

hey! so the interview timetable online says the interviews start dec5, and they need to give us a weeks notice. that means they have to let us know by nov28.
BUT based on data from the last 2 years, I think we could be hearing back from tomorrow.
having said that, I saw someone on the oxford thread saying keble have said no offers till the end of the month. seems unlikely to me based on the interview timetable, but unfortunately we’ll all just have to wait and see:smile:
what college have you applied to?
Original post by j-h-
hey! so the interview timetable online says the interviews start dec5, and they need to give us a weeks notice. that means they have to let us know by nov28.
BUT based on data from the last 2 years, I think we could be hearing back from tomorrow.
having said that, I saw someone on the oxford thread saying keble have said no offers till the end of the month. seems unlikely to me based on the interview timetable, but unfortunately we’ll all just have to wait and see:smile:
what college have you applied to?

ahhhh tysm!!! this is so nerve-racking i can't. I applied to brasenose, what about you?
Reply 3

Hi, I’m Alice. I’ve seen the thing about Keble too, although I suspect it could be a mistake as the tutor might have been saying “end of November” referring to the 26-28th period but everyone sort of assumed they meant the 30th. I think they’ll give us a weeks notice hopefully and that first offers might start coming out this week but majority next week by the look of things.
Reply 4
ahhhh tysm!!! this is so nerve-racking i can't. I applied to brasenose, what about you?

i’ve applied to lincoln!!
good luck over the next few days:smile:
Original post by j-h-
i’ve applied to lincoln!!
good luck over the next few days:smile:

ahhhh hopefully i'll see you there! a couple of people i know have had decision come out today for english so maybe we'll know soon 😬😬
Reply 6
ahhhh hopefully i'll see you there! a couple of people i know have had decision come out today for english so maybe we'll know soon 😬😬

Do you know for what colleges?
Reply 7
My DD got her invitation yesterday. (24/11)
Original post by USADad
My DD got her invitation yesterday. (24/11)

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I’m a parent waiting for news.
Reply 9
Has anybody received a response from New, or know someone who has?

So I'm hoping to revive this thread for 2023. My daughter applied to English Language and Literature at Magdalen and is waiting to hear if she is going to get an interview. Has anyone heard yet? When would we expect to hear?
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm hoping to revive this thread for 2023. My daughter applied to English Language and Literature at Magdalen and is waiting to hear if she is going to get an interview. Has anyone heard yet? When would we expect to hear?

Hey, same here. I'm applying to English L&L at Wadham, haven't heard from them yet. My friend's applying to Biology (open application) and she's already received an invitation for interview.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, same here. I'm applying to English L&L at Wadham, haven't heard from them yet. My friend's applying to Biology (open application) and she's already received an invitation for interview.

Wow - good luck to you! Appreciate a post when you hear. I will also.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Wow - good luck to you! Appreciate a post when you hear. I will also.

Have you heard yet? I’ve applied for L&L at Trinity
Original post by Gracemi11s
Have you heard yet? I’ve applied for L&L at Trinity

Still waiting for Magdalen! 🤞
Original post by Anonymous #1
Still waiting for Magdalen! 🤞

Have you heard back from magdalen?
Original post by Anonymous #2

Just heard back! Got the interview, good luck guys!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Just heard back! Got the interview, good luck guys!

Congratulations! So happy for you!
Original post by manna38889
Have you heard back from magdalen?

Alas, yes… rejection! Regrouping and thinking about other options. Wish you the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending