The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

nursing at edge hill

opinions on edge hill? not seeing many people apply there:/
Hi @leixki

I am a current Edge Hill student so I definitely feel I am able to give my opinion on this! :smile:

I personally am loving studying at Edge Hill. I have found it to be a really supportive and generally a really good university. I don't know if you have already seen the campus but it is honestly beautiful and such a lovely working environment - I have loved living here. The campus is a 15 minute walk from Ormskirk town which is a small town which is roughly situated between Liverpool and Southport.

I can see that you are thinking of studying Nursing. Edge Hill is especially popular for Nursing students. There are amazing facilities on offer for Nursing, for example, there is a new Clinical skills and Simulation centre, where patient simulators imitate human symptoms. I don't know if you have thought about what pathway you want to go down but we have four pathways adult, child, learning disabilities, and mental health. All of which are accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), meaning that when you graduate you will be eligible to register as a qualified nurse. During the course, you will spend half your time in a hospitals and community settings, giving you the hands on experience and practical skills you need as a qualified nurse.

You can speak to current students on a one to one basis on our Ambassador platform and you can chose to speak to someone who is studying Nursing to get more information on this subject and ask any questions you may have. You can ask them any questions about the university at all and voice any worries you have. We currently have Laurey on the platform who is studying Child nursing :smile:

I would also recommend attending one our our Open days to envision whether Edge Hill is where you see yourself in future. You can speak to your lecturers about the course and current students then as well. As well as seeing the campus, where you will be living and learning. Our next Open day is on Saturday 17 June 2023.

I hope this is helpful!

Katie - Second year Educational Psychology student
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending