The Student Room Group

What should I choose? CLC vs St Catherine bramely vs badminton school

I got these offers for sixth form, but I’m still hesitating.
I know all the school I listed above have excellent academic records. But I guess clc is more famous (not sure)?
I’m going to do bio, chem, math and further math for my alevels.
So which one of these school is stronger in science?
And as I’m an international student, I hope the school could be more inclusive and have a friendly environment.
I’m going to be a boarder, which one of these school has better dorm, food etc?
I really appreciate for any response!!!😁
I'd probably recommend clc or st Catherine's bramley
I’m a current sixth form student at St Catherine’s Bramley, and as an international full boarder, I would not recommend it. Overall, I’d say the teachers and people here are friendly and generally nice. The school is decent at sciences, and a lot of people take similar subjects to you for A-Levels (Biology, Chemistry, Maths).

In terms of dorms, the sixth form building is brand-new and very nice to live in. There are quite a lot of international students and boarders (especially at sixth form), and the school is constantly accepting more international students/boarders. However, they are not particularly considerate of us and we often have to pack up our things and leave even during very inconvenient times e.g. the school recently had an emergency and decided that we would all have to leave boarding at a moment’s notice. If you are a full boarder, you will also be expected to attend church/chapel 3x a week, on top of various other compulsory events. Additionally, the food is not very good and the quality/quantity available seems to be getting worse e.g. they served us bread and sauce the other day for dinner!

I can’t speak for CLC or Badminton School, but there are many issues here which make me hesitant to recommend St Catherine’s as a school. Feel free to message me if you have any queries :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Morri
I got these offers for sixth form, but I’m still hesitating.
I know all the school I listed above have excellent academic records. But I guess clc is more famous (not sure)?
I’m going to do bio, chem, math and further math for my alevels.
So which one of these school is stronger in science?
And as I’m an international student, I hope the school could be more inclusive and have a friendly environment.
I’m going to be a boarder, which one of these school has better dorm, food etc?
I really appreciate for any response!!!😁

hi I know this is late but I was wondering where you chose in the end? well done on the offers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending