The Student Room Group

IBM placement year 2023

Hi, I recently applied for a placement with IBM, and was told I was successful in the AC, so I have been placed in matching. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything back yet, as I know it can take a while? Also, does anyone know how likely it is to actually get matched with a role once youve made it this far? i am worried i wont get matched!

Scroll to see replies

I passed the AC early October and got sent some roles end of November, it can take a while but they will get back to you and send you some possible roles which you can look at then decide if you want to be considered for
Original post by aman5014
I passed the AC early October and got sent some roles end of November, it can take a while but they will get back to you and send you some possible roles which you can look at then decide if you want to be considered for

Hi , I have received the roles and asked whether it's my interest. I did my AC in first week of October aswell. Can I know which placement you applied for ?
Mine was the business and finance placement, so the role I’ve been matched to is a financial/ commercial analyst role. I have another offer for a similar position from GE which I have to respond to by tomorrow so I think I might take that if they don’t offer me the role by then.
Did you finish your final interview with the manager for the role ?
Original post by sugstar6
Did you finish your final interview with the manager for the role ?

So I had a call with the HR officer for the role which went well, then I had a call with the current placement student who’s role I will be taking which also went well so I’m not sure what’s next
Hope you get a reply from them soon. And did you choose this role when you received the job outline email ?
Original post by sugstar6
Hope you get a reply from them soon. And did you choose this role when you received the job outline email ?

Yeah I got sent 5 different roles and chose this one
Reply 8
So I had a call with the HR officer for the role which went well, then I had a call with the current placement student who’s role I will be taking which also went well so I’m not sure what’s next

Hey, I have my second final interview this friday for a placement role. Is this something you also had? if so, how was it? Im confused wether its a formal or informal interview as there is the current placement student present also. what did you get asked??

Thank you!
Original post by alicemcg1
Hey, I have my second final interview this friday for a placement role. Is this something you also had? if so, how was it? Im confused wether its a formal or informal interview as there is the current placement student present also. what did you get asked??

Thank you!

Ye I had a call with the current placement student nobody else was present it was just me and them. Literally just a chat about what they did and I just asked them all the questions I wanted to know about their job. Pretty sure it’s just to make sure you want to do that role yourself more than a test from them so just ask stuff you want to know
Reply 10
Ye I had a call with the current placement student nobody else was present it was just me and them. Literally just a chat about what they did and I just asked them all the questions I wanted to know about their job. Pretty sure it’s just to make sure you want to do that role yourself more than a test from them so just ask stuff you want to know

oh fab, so do you think it means I should be successful? I'm just confused as there is a manager in this second interview as well as an intern so im unsure what to expect! did you manage to get your offer??
oh fab, so do you think it means I should be successful? I'm just confused as there is a manager in this second interview as well as an intern so im unsure what to expect! did you manage to get your offer??

Yeah I got my offer and signed it just before Christmas, I can’t say if you’ve been successful or not of course but I think your in a very good position because it will literally just be a chat about your responsibilities etc. just ask a few questions and stuff and you will be fine.
Reply 12
Yeah I got my offer and signed it just before Christmas, I can’t say if you’ve been successful or not of course but I think your in a very good position because it will literally just be a chat about your responsibilities etc. just ask a few questions and stuff and you will be fine.

congratulations!! did they ask you any interview style questions? I think my interview is about 45 mins so im assuming they will ask me some
congratulations!! did they ask you any interview style questions? I think my interview is about 45 mins so im assuming they will ask me some

Not in my call with the placement student no I didn’t get asked anything, for some reason I didn’t have to speak to the manager even though it was mentioned before hand. Maybe it was because I told them I needed to be fast because of my other offer, but maybe just be ready to answer something like how would you deal with the tasks etc but I doubt it. They always said it’s not an interview because they already know you’re a good match for ibm after the AC so it’s just to match you to the correct role
Reply 14
Not in my call with the placement student no I didn’t get asked anything, for some reason I didn’t have to speak to the manager even though it was mentioned before hand. Maybe it was because I told them I needed to be fast because of my other offer, but maybe just be ready to answer something like how would you deal with the tasks etc but I doubt it. They always said it’s not an interview because they already know you’re a good match for ibm after the AC so it’s just to match you to the correct role

fingers crossed, thank you for your help!
Hi guys, just wondering if you knew the percentage of people who get into the IBM matching pool who end up getting an interview / job offer. Just an estimate would be great, trying to guess my chances. Thanks in advance.
Been in matching for almost 3 months now and really stressed out about getting an offer. Does anyone know any way to contact them?
Reply 17
Original post by abizzy1932
Hi guys, just wondering if you knew the percentage of people who get into the IBM matching pool who end up getting an interview / job offer. Just an estimate would be great, trying to guess my chances. Thanks in advance.

hey, what roles have you been applying for? I think i was in the matching pool for just over a week before i was contacted
Original post by abizzy1932

I don’t know the percentage but I know you don’t have to worry about it being a certain amount of time it’s not like if it’s been 2 months your less likely they just wait until different departments say they want an intern for next year I’m pretty sure
I applied for the Business and Finance role, and haven’t been matched to any roles yet. I told them my preference was Consulting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending