The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Life at Winchester Campus!

Hello Everyone!

I am Priya, an international student (MA Design Management) at Winchester School of Art. Welcome to the "Life at Winchester Campus" forum. This is an open space to ask any questions regarding the student life in Winchester.

Write in any questions like What activities are taken place in WSA campus? What are the tourist attractions available in Winchester and around? Is it too crowded? How far is the the train station from the campus? Anything and everything around student life!

I will try my best to answer the questions!

Best Wishes :smile:
Priya Mohan
Official Student Representative
Reply 1
Is there a (sort of) public study space in Winchester Uni?
I'm originally from London, moving to Winchester for a placement year. At my uni, we have a library that can be accessed by outsiders, once they speak with the receptionists. I was wondering if Winchester Uni had something similar.:h:
(edited 1 year ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Fifi5
Is there a (sort of) public study space in Winchester Uni?
I'm originally from London, moving to Winchester for a placement year. At my uni, we have a library that can be accessed by outsiders, once they speak with the receptionists. I was wondering if Winchester Uni had something similar.:h:

Hey

Unfortunately, the WSA Library can only be accessed by the staff and students of the university. But there are other public libraries in Winchester. I have attached a link below for your reference:

https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/library/libraryfinder

Priya
Official Representative
Original post by UoS PG students
Hello Everyone!

I am Priya, an international student (MA Design Management) at Winchester School of Art. Welcome to the "Life at Winchester Campus" forum. This is an open space to ask any questions regarding the student life in Winchester.

Write in any questions like What activities are taken place in WSA campus? What are the tourist attractions available in Winchester and around? Is it too crowded? How far is the the train station from the campus? Anything and everything around student life!

I will try my best to answer the questions!

Priya Mohan
Official Student Representative

Hi - I’m trying to find info on the Graphic Arts course, just wondering what the time tables may look like in terms of being in the studio and teaching times etc. Also, wondering about accommodation do some live in Southampton campus and commute? I also quite like the look of Riverside Way - anyone shed any light?
Many thanks in advance
Hey!
It's great to hear that you're interested in our Graphic Arts course at Winchester School of Art.
In terms of the timetable, you'll be spending a lot of time in the studio to get that hands-on experience, usually around 15-20 hours a week. The specific timetable will depend on the modules you choose and the year you're in, but we make sure you have a balance of studio time and lectures.
As for accommodation, we've got university accommodation options for students to live in Southampton. Some students also choose to live in Winchester, the university accommodation i.e. Erasmus Park is a 15-minute walk from the campus. We've got a shuttle bus that does a 90-minute round trip to make it easy to get to and from Southampton. Alternatively, some students prefer to take trains or buses.
And yes, Riverside Way is a great accommodation option! I have some friends who live there and they really like it. It's in a convenient location and has nice facilities.
If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out to us. We're excited to have you join us at Winchester School of Art!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending