The Student Room Group

Cambridge Geography Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inister
Really? Your grades are exceptional. With 100% and 98% UMS, it would be extraordinary for you to be rejected.

What flaws could there be in your application?

Looking back, my personal statement definitely could have been better, and the two essays I had to send in were also VERY questionable hahah. I don't think the grades mean everything
Original post by physicsperhaps
Got one from Trinity! I am sure you will get one too - my application is full of so many flaws.

Congrats! I got one from Emmanuel! Just worried that my predicted grade for Maths (A) won't get me through, I am predicted A*A* for Geo and Economics though.. Cross fingers!
Hi George! I have also applied for Geography at Fitzwilliam, I was just wondering if you'd heard anything back yet? :smile:
Original post by A-Stargazer
Congrats! I got one from Emmanuel! Just worried that my predicted grade for Maths (A) won't get me through, I am predicted A*A* for Geo and Economics though.. Cross fingers!

Thank you! Ayyy congrats too - I am sure you will be fine. Good luck :biggrin:
How are we all feeling? I have my interview in 3 days, lol. What preparation is everyone doing?
Original post by Inister
How are we all feeling? I have my interview in 3 days, lol. What preparation is everyone doing?

Mine is on Monday too! I don't really care what happens at this point, got to interview stage and that is the stage I wanted to get to. Thinking of it as a good day out :smile: I think this weekend I will just be going through my research :smile: you?
Mine is on Monday too! I don't really care what happens at this point, got to interview stage and that is the stage I wanted to get to. Thinking of it as a good day out :smile: I think this weekend I will just be going through my research :smile: you?

I'm going through the required reading material they sent me, and doing some general reminders on my books and all the rest of it. Good luck, i'll be suffering the same nervousness on Monday.

I have an interview at Sidney on Monday! Sooo nervous :s-smilie: I think you've got the right attitude though- I'm so suprised I got to this stage! :biggrin: Are you guys revising AS too, or just stuff from your personal statement? :smile:
How did everyone's go? :smile:

Pretty good...maybe? As with almost everything in this application, I don't know if i'm doing well or not :s-smilie:

What about you?

I felt like mine went quite well... but who knows!! :s-smilie: I thought that the interviews were actually easier than the practice ones I had at my college... my teachers completely roasted me 😅😂 What about you? Which college did you apply to? 😊
Good luck all - well done for making it this far.
I am applying this year at Catz for Geography. Wish me luck :smile:
Original post by Inister
Good luck all - well done for making it this far.

What did you all get at AS level? I'm worried mine won't be very good (I haven't got it back yet though)
Original post by lukerules1234
What did you all get at AS level? I'm worried mine won't be very good (I haven't got it back yet though)

Geography: A (94%)
Politics: A (94%)
Biology: A (reformed),
Comp. Sc: B (dropped)

If you don't get the UMS you're looking for, you can always try Oxford (they don't look at UMS, just grades). So 100% would be the same as 80% in their eyes, as both are still an A.
Original post by David98minion
I am applying this year at Catz for Geography. Wish me luck :smile:

Me too! How's your personal statement etc going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending