The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Physics interview at Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone gone this year, or this past year. What was it like if you don't mind telling me please.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hey! I just got my interview invite. Super excited but also worried. Will I need to prove my interest in both Physics and Manchester?
Any advice from more recent interviewees? Or others with interviews this year?
Original post by Super Tryhard
Hey! I just got my interview invite. Super excited but also worried. Will I need to prove my interest in both Physics and Manchester?
Any advice from more recent interviewees? Or others with interviews this year?

Hi! Fellow interview invite holder here. Is yours on the 9th of November?

I feel your pain -- I'm also super nervous!!

Reiterating your questions -- any advice from anyone on the interview?
Original post by tanvipie
Hi! Fellow interview invite holder here. Is yours on the 9th of November?

I feel your pain -- I'm also super nervous!!

Reiterating your questions -- any advice from anyone on the interview?

Same here though mine's on Tuesday- they gave 6 days notice! I think it's more about what we enjoy than whether we're capable at this stage, but I guess we'll find out soon.
Original post by WhatJustHappened
Same here though mine's on Tuesday- they gave 6 days notice! I think it's more about what we enjoy than whether we're capable at this stage, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Argh, best of luck!! I'm expecting a couple of academic questions sprinkled in between the personal statement stuff tbh. Spoke to a friend at Manchester uni doing physics && she said it was more academic question orientated.
Reply 145
Anyone have their interview day tomorrow?
Reply 146
Did they ask any questions based on maths and physics?
Reply 147
Same question! As an international student, not sure what "classic physics questions" actually means...
Original post by Fotro
Did they ask any questions based on maths and physics?

I got asked a simple mechanics question about a falling object and managed to mess it up :biggrin: but my interviewer didn't mind and I still got an offer. I wouldn't worry about the interview it's pretty simple really and by being asked you've already got an offer.
Reply 149
Original post by Bobdead123
I wouldn't worry about the interview it's pretty simple really and by being asked you've already got an offer.

If you failed your interview and still managed to get an offer consider yourself lucky. Not everyone with an interview end up with an offer.
I need help :frown: my interview is tomorrow. Hopefully someone replies and helps before it :/
Original post by ibyghee
I need help :frown: my interview is tomorrow. Hopefully someone replies and helps before it :/

i think our interviews were the same day lol, but for anyone else looking at the thread: an interview = an offer. it's just insurance for if you miss your grade. take it easy :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by mciryam
i think our interviews were the same day lol, but for anyone else looking at the thread: an interview = an offer. it's just insurance for if you miss your grade. take it easy :smile:

*if you study A-Level or IB.
Original post by ibyghee

How did you do did you get in? I just got accepted for an interview for Manchester Physics today ay. Corona virus rn tho so can’t even visit the place...
Original post by joshbros
15th November, and Combined Physics and Maths, you?

Damn so you applied a year after the Nobel prize back in 2010 that’s insane. Did you end up going to Manchester?
Original post by 03Rickeyy
How did you do did you get in? I just got accepted for an interview for Manchester Physics today ay. Corona virus rn tho so can’t even visit the place...

same, i rlly hope what people are saying about an interview = offer is true
When is your interview?

Original post by ananyaa22
same, i rlly hope what people are saying about an interview = offer is true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending